Dogs Best Goldeyes with Two-Out Hits
FARGO, ND - The Winnipeg Goldeyes (18-12) lost 5-1 to the Chicago Dogs at Newman Outdoor Field on Wednesday evening.
The Goldeyes served as the home team.
With the Goldeyes ahead 1-0 in the top of the fifth, Michael Crouse lined a two-out, two-run single left-centre that scored Blake Allemand and Harrison Smith.
Allemand made it 4-1 Chicago (14-13) in the top of the sixth with a two-out, two-run home run to right-centre.
In the top of the seventh, Joey Terdoslavich's two-out single brought home Brett Milazzo with the Dogs' fifth and final run.
Dogs' relievers Wes Helsabeck, Casey Crosby, and Adam Choplick combined for five scoreless innings to preserve the win for starting pitcher Jacob Dahlberg (2-1). Dahlberg allowed one earned run on eight hits in five-plus innings. Dahlberg walked one and struck out one.
Goldeyes' starting pitcher Kevin Hilton (4-1) took the loss, allowing five earned runs on 10 hits in six and two-thirds innings. Hilton walked one and struck out three.
Winnipeg took a 1-0 lead in the bottom of the first when Logan Hill singled home Eric Wood with two outs. Hill finished the game with four hits, tying a career-high for a second time this season. Hill's fourth hit was a double in the bottom of the eighth, and was the 500th base hit of his professional career.
Nate Antone and Kent Hasler combined for two and one-third innings of scoreless relief with five strikeouts.
The series concludes Thursday afternoon at 12:30 p.m. Frank Duncan (4-1, 2.78) takes on left-hander Thomas Dorminy (4-0, 3.03). All the action can be heard locally on 93.7 FM CJNU and worldwide at www.cjnu.ca
For information on Goldeyes' merchandise and 2021 season tickets, visit the Goldeyes' official website at www.goldeyes.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Association message board...
American Association Stories from August 6, 2020
- Birds Offense Goes Quiet in Loss at Milwaukee - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Saints Dropped by RedHawks 10-2 - St. Paul Saints
- Dogs Complete Sweep of Goldeyes - Winnipeg Goldeyes
- The Diamond Dig Is Back $2200 Faini Diamond Buried in the Infield Saturday August 15 - Sioux Falls Canaries
- Dogs Sweep Goldeyes, Win Fifth Straight - Chicago Dogs
- Sense of Relief as Saints Come from Behind for Second Straight Night in 6-4 Win - St. Paul Saints
- Milkmen Win Game Two Thanks to Massive Blast from Adam Walker - Milwaukee Milkmen
- Dogs Best Goldeyes with Two-Out Hits - Winnipeg Goldeyes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.