DJ Nabs to Conclude Pelicans Postgame Concert Series on August 2
MYRTLE BEACH, S.C. - The Myrtle Beach Pelicans have announced that DJ Nabs will grace the Grand Strand for the final of three postgame concerts on August 2 from TicketReturn.Com Field at Pelicans Ballpark presented by Bojangles, 98.5 Kiss FM and Coast 97.3. DJ Hurricane highlights the July 19 concert.
A huge part of the Atlanta hip-hop scene since the late-1980s, DJ Nabs is best known for his work with hip-hop artists Kris Kross, Da Brat, Bow Wow and Trick Daddy. Nabs toured with Michael Jackson as the DJ for Kriss Kross and later toured with Mariah Carey and Ciara. The native of Durham, N.C. produced Trick Daddy's "In da Wind (Ride Out Remix)" that peaked at number 70 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 2002.
One of New York City's premier hip-hop artists, DJ Hurricane is best known for his work with Rock & Roll Hall of Fame members, the Beastie Boys. Hurricane has also been a member of the groups Solo Sounds and The Afros and also recorded three solo albums. His second album, Don't Sleep, featured the hit "Come Get It" which peaked at No. 73 on the Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs list.
Both of the Pelicans' postgame concerts in the 2018 series coincide with Thirsty Thursdays presented by Better Brands, Celebrations Nitelife, Axelrod & Associates and WBTW News13. From 6-8 p.m., fans can enjoy $1.00 12 oz. Bud & Bud Light drafts, $2.00 16 oz. cans and half-price Duplin Wine. The July 19 concert will begin immediately following the East Coast Pyrotechnics Fireworks Extravaganza, while the August 2 concert will begin at the conclusion of the game.
Tickets for each postgame concert and all Myrtle Beach Pelicans home games can be found on MyrtleBeachPelicans.com/tickets or by calling the Pelicans' Box Office at (843) 918-6000.
The 2018 season is the 20th season for the Pelicans franchise and fourth as the Class A-Advanced affiliate of the Chicago Cubs. For tickets visit MyrtleBeachPelicans.com/tickets, call (843) 918-6000, or visit the Pelicans Box Office.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from July 2, 2018
- Wood Ducks Claim Game Three from the Red Sox - Down East Wood Ducks
- Myrtle Beach Blanks P-Nats 5-0 - Potomac Nationals
- Pelicans Win Third Straight Behind Miller's Dominance - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Sox Doubled by Ducks 6-3 Monday - Salem Red Sox
- Rivera, Yrizarri Power Dash to 5-2 Win - Winston-Salem Dash
- Hillcats Blast Five Homers in Blowout Win of Keys - Lynchburg Hillcats
- Dash Offense Overpowers Blue Rocks - Wilmington Blue Rocks
- Six-Run First Leads Hillcats to Win - Frederick Keys
- July 2 - Carolina Mudcats Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- Winston-Salem Dash: Game Notes (July 2 at Wilmington) - Winston-Salem Dash
- Lowther Named Orioles Minor League Pitcher of the Month - Frederick Keys
- Booker Named White Sox MiLB Player of the Month - Winston-Salem Dash
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans: Game Notes, July 2 vs. Potomac - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- DJ Nabs to Conclude Pelicans Postgame Concert Series on August 2 - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Weekly Sports League and Franchise Report - OSC Original by Dan Krieger
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.