Dejiulio Blanks Wings
EDINBURG- Edinburg Roadrunners starting pitcher Frank DeJiulio pitched a strong innings, striking out 11 as he tossed his first shutout of the year with a 4-1 win over the Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings Saturday night at Edinburg Baseball Stadium.
Early errors from Kiego Miyagi and Thomas Shull proved to be costly as the Roadrunners took advantage, scoring two runs in the bottom of the first inning. giving DeJiulio early run support.
Both starters would exchange strike outs, as Antony Bello (1-4) pitched six strong innings surrendering four hits on two earned runs. DeJiulio shut down the Wings offense to just two hits.
Edinburg extended their 2-0 lead in the seventh inning as Jordan Goldshmidt came in relief for Bello. Trevor Whyte got a bored with a one out single.
Bobby Rinard looped in an RBI single, scoring Whyte. Rinard scoreed on the fielder choice, making it 4-1.
Game three is set for Sunday as Rio Grande Valley sends A.J Smouse to the mound. First pitch is 6:05
The WhiteWings will hit the road for 8 games. The next home stand is June 22nd versus the Texas Thunder here at Harlingen Field! Great seats are still available! Call the WhiteWings office for tickets at 956-423-WING (9464). Gates Open 6:00, First Pitch 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from June 15, 2013
- Cats Dominate Game One, Hang on in Game Two to Sweep Doubleheader - Fort Worth Cats
- Colts Hang on to Beat Aces, 3-2 - San Angelo Colts
- Alexandria Falls to San Angelo, 3-2 - Alexandria Aces
- Dejiulio Blanks Wings - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- DeJiulio Strikes out Eleven in Victory - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Cats Sign Three New Players - Fort Worth Cats
- Aces Beat Colts, 9-4 Friday Night - Alexandria Aces
- Aces Beat Colts in Series Opener - San Angelo Colts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.