Camilli Clips Wings
HARLINGEN-- The Edinburg Roadrunners (40-37) continued their playoff push with a 3-0 shutout win against the Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings (34-43) Sunday night at Harlingen field.
Tim Maitland led off the top of the first with a walk, Travis Clark later advanced Maitland to second on a base hit.
Maitland scored on a RBI single from Trevor Whyte giving Edinburg an early 1-0 lead.
Clark later scored on a fielders choice off the bat of Derrick Pyles making it 2-0 Edinburg.
Michael Haynes added another run in the top of the seventh, Maitland scored Haynes on an RBI single adding to the lead 3-0 Edinburg.
Curtis Camilli (7-5) got the win throwing six and two thirds, on just two hits in route to tossing a shut out.
Meanwhile Brad Orsey (0-1) was charged with the tough luck loss in his RGV debut going eight innings on three runs.
With the win Edinburg remains in second place, with the San Angelo Colts (37-39) losing to the Fort Worth Cats (48-28) earlier tonight.
Game two of the series is set for Monday with the first pitch scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the United League Baseball message board...
United League Baseball Stories from August 11, 2013
- Roadrunners Edge White Wings - Edinburg Roadrunners
- Camilli Clips Wings - Rio Grande Valley WhiteWings
- Five-Run Second Powers Cats to Victory - Fort Worth Cats
- Colts Lose Fourth in a Row to Cats - San Angelo Colts
- Stephens Shines in Road Finale - Fort Worth Cats
- Cats Beat Colts in Series Finale, 5-2 - San Angelo Colts
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.