Dash to Take Part in "Fill the Stands with Cans" on Friday
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. - The Winston-Salem Dash are proud to announce that the organization is teaming up with the Piedmont Triad Apartment Association to "Fill the Stands with Cans" on Friday, July 19. This is the 10th consecutive year that the Dash have partnered with the PTAA to benefit the Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest North Carolina.
The PTAA will have volunteers and stations setup throughout BB&T Ballpark for food and monetary donations on behalf of Second Harvest. Any Dash fan that brings a donation, whether it is a non-perishable food item or money, will be entered to win 2020 Opening Day tickets, with the winner announced near the conclusion of the game. All donations will go towards Second Harvest to help their fight against hunger in the Piedmont Triad area.
According to Jon Lowder, Executive Director of the Piedmont Triad Apartment Association, the "Fill the Stands with Cans" has given PTAA's annual food drive a tremendous boost over the last few years. Second Harvest can provide seven meals for every $1 raised, so every dollar donated can make a huge difference. Food donations are equally important, as they can be effective immediately. Second Harvest encourages fans to donate whatever they can to help the cause.
In addition to Fill the Stands with Cans, the game against the Wilmington Blue Rocks on July 19 will also be Hometown Heroes USA Night. Discounted tickets will be available for service members and first responders. Following the game, there will be a spectacular fireworks display. For tickets and more information call (336) 714-2287 ext. 219.
The Winston-Salem Dash are the Class A-Advanced Minor League affiliate of the Chicago White Sox. To purchase tickets and for more information, please call 336-714-2287 or visit www.wsdash.com.
• Discuss this story on the Carolina League message board...
Carolina League Stories from July 18, 2019
- Keys and P-Nats Split Doubleheader - Frederick Keys
- Dash Rally Falls Short against Blue Rocks on Thursday - Winston-Salem Dash
- Wood Ducks Jump Out Early, Hold On Late For Win Over Salem - Down East Wood Ducks
- P-Nats and Keys Split Doubleheader - Potomac Nationals
- Rain Suspends Pelicans and Mudcats in Fourth Inning from Zebulon - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Mudcats and Pelicans Suspended on Thursday Night - Carolina Mudcats
- July 18 - Carolina Micro Brews Game Information - Carolina Mudcats
- Winston-Salem Dash: Game Notes (July 18 vs. Wilmington) - Winston-Salem Dash
- July 18 Transactions and Game Information - Down East Wood Ducks
- Myrtle Beach Pelicans Game Notes: July 18 at Carolina - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
- Dash to Take Part in "Fill the Stands with Cans" on Friday - Winston-Salem Dash
- Feliciano Homers in 5-2 Loss to Pelicans - Carolina Mudcats
- Birds Down Muddies Behind Pitching Dominance in Series Opener - Myrtle Beach Pelicans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Winston-Salem Dash Stories
- Dash Nominated for MiLB's John H. Johnson Award
- Johnson, Vaughn Named to Premier12 Roster
- Dash's Bugno Honored as Winston Under 40 Leadership Award Recipient
- Winston-Salem to Host MiLB Innovators Summit in 2020
- Sports Business Journal Names Winston-Salem as Ninth-Best Minor League Market