Dante Sealy Called into Youth National Team Camp
Frisco, Texas - FC Dallas Homegrown player Dante Sealy has been called into the U.S. Under-16 Boys' National Team talent identification training camp from September 19-23. FC Dallas Academy players Justin Che, Jonathan Gomez and Collin Smith will also join Sealy at the Elite Athlete Training Center in Chula Vista, California for the U-16 camp.
Sealy, 16, has one goal and three assists in 18 appearances while on loan for USL League One's North Texas Soccer Club. He made his professional debut in North Texas SC's season opener on March 30 and scored his first professional goal in the 3-0 win against Richmond Kickers on June 1. Sealy signed with FC Dallas as the 25th Homegrown player on February 26 and became the second youngest player to sign with the club behind Bryan Reynolds.
Che, 15, has 16 goals in 72 appearances for the FC Dallas Academy. He was called up, along with Sealy and Gomez, to participate in the UEFA Development Tournament in the Czech Republic in May. The U-16s defeated Hungary, 1-0, and were named champions of the tournament.
Gomez, 16, has started in seven matches for North Texas SC, making his professional debut on May 29 against Toronto FC II at 15 years and 270 days old. The defender recorded his first two professional assists in the 3-1 win against Lansing Ignite FC on June 29 and earned USL League One Team of the Week honors. Gomez also started in 21 matches for FC Dallas U-17 Academy team last season and was named to the U.S. Soccer Development Academy Best XI Central Conference. He holds dual eligibility for both the U.S. and Mexico and was recently called up by Mexico's U-16 national team to play in the Nordic Cup.
Smith, 15, has 28 starts in 31 appearances since joining the FC Dallas Academy in 2018, scoring 7 goals for FC Dallas U-17 Academy team. The forward has been included in the 18-man roster for North Texas SC once this season on July 6 against Greenville Triumph SC.
There will be 59 players from U.S. Soccer's East, Central and West scouting regions that will make up three teams at the camp. The teams will play games against each other and youth squads from Club Tijuana and LA Galaxy as well as be introduced to the Youth National Team principles. On the camp's last day, the squads will be reshuffled and will play against each other in two intra-squad games.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 18, 2019
- Atlanta United FC Downs FC Cincinnati 2-0 - FC Cincinnati
- Impact Shuts out Toronto FC 1-0 in First Leg of Canadian Championship Final - Montreal Impact
- Toronto FC (0) - Montreal Impact (1) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Dante Sealy Called into Youth National Team Camp - FC Dallas
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- By the Numbers: The Lions in H-Town - Orlando City SC
- Greatest Goalscoring Race in MLS History Reaches Stretch Run: Week 29 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. FC Dallas - September 18, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- MAPFRE Stadium to Host 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup Champion United States Women's National Team Friendly on November 7 - Columbus Crew SC
- MNUFC and Xcel Energy Welcome Home Minnesota National Guard Soldiers - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.