By the Numbers: The Lions in H-Town
21 - Nani's new record
With his 2 G/1 A masterclass against New England on Saturday, Nani set the all-time Orlando City record for goal contributions in a single season with 21 (12 G/9 A), surpassing both Kaka and Kevin Molino's mark of 19 in 2016. With another assist, Nani will become the first Orlando City player ever to record a 10/10 season. 2019 marks the fourth time Nani has gone over 20 goal contributions in a single campaign- he did it two years in a row with Manchester United (2010/11 and 2011/12) and again with Fenerbahçe in 2015/16.
80 - Dom Dwyer in MLS
Dom Dwyer's goal against the Revs was the 80th of his MLS career. Dwyer is just the 19th player in MLS history to reach the 80-goal mark, and the forward ranks fourth among all active players in goals scored in MLS, behind only Chris Wondolowski (158), Kei Kamara (123), and Bradley Wright-Phillips (108).
2 - Cats Coming Back
Orlando overcame a 2-goal halftime deficit to earn a result for the second time this season in last weekend's 3-3 draw against New England. The first came back in the season opener against New York City FC on March 2, when Chris Mueller and Tesho Akindele- the latter of whom tapped in a great piece of buildup from Nani and Dom Dwyer- erased a 2-0 halftime lead for the Pigeons.
1 - The first victory
After a draw in their inaugural game, Orlando City's MLS road journey began with a trip to Houston on March 13, 2015, a fixture from which the Lions emerged with their first-ever MLS victory. Tyler Deric's disastrous own goal in the 74th minute, caused by pressure from Pedro Ribeiro, sealed the 1-0 win for Orlando, who also kept their first clean sheet as an MLS side.
3 - Clean sheets vs. Houston
Both sides have struggled to score in the Orlando-Houston series- Orlando's only goal was that Deric howler in 2015- but the Lions backline has held well against the Dynamo. In addition to the home shutout in '15, Houston did not score against Orlando in 2016 or 2018, with Adam Grinwis notching the clean sheet in his first career MLS start last season.
1.5 - FAIRWINDS Credit Union
Score up to 1.5% cash back and LionNation points when you use your FAIRWINDS Orlando City Visa® or Orlando Pride Visa® on game day purchases and everyday essentials. Apply today and get purple carded.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 18, 2019
- Atlanta United FC Downs FC Cincinnati 2-0 - FC Cincinnati
- Impact Shuts out Toronto FC 1-0 in First Leg of Canadian Championship Final - Montreal Impact
- Toronto FC (0) - Montreal Impact (1) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Dante Sealy Called into Youth National Team Camp - FC Dallas
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- By the Numbers: The Lions in H-Town - Orlando City SC
- Greatest Goalscoring Race in MLS History Reaches Stretch Run: Week 29 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. FC Dallas - September 18, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- MAPFRE Stadium to Host 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup Champion United States Women's National Team Friendly on November 7 - Columbus Crew SC
- MNUFC and Xcel Energy Welcome Home Minnesota National Guard Soldiers - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando City SC Stories
- City Furniture and Orlando City Soccer Club Launch "Delivering Hope" Program, Donating Beds to 100 Kids at October 4 Pajama Party
- Orlando City SC to Expand Presence in Osceola County
- Orlando City SC Parts Ways with James O'Connor
- Orlando City Fall to Chicago Fire in Season Finale
- Storylines | City vs. Chicago Fire