MNUFC and Xcel Energy Welcome Home Minnesota National Guard Soldiers
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minn. (Sept 18, 2019) - Minnesota United and Xcel Energy partnered to recognize members of the Minnesota National Guard, both Army and Air Force, at the Minnesota United versus C.F. Pachuca International Friendly on Saturday, September 7.
Members of the Minnesota National Guard proudly serve their community and country as citizen soldiers and airmen. In July, more than 650 Soldiers of the Minnesota Army National Guard's 34th Red Bull Infantry Division returned home from the Middle East after a 10-month deployment to Kuwait. The Minnesota unit was responsible for leading U.S. Central Command's Task Force Spartan, which increases military readiness and capability, in order to maintain regional stability and partnerships.
Together, Xcel Energy and Minnesota United present the Eye of the Loon community military recognition program. An Xcel Energy employee who is an active military member or veteran is selected for each home game at Allianz Field. They receive four tickets to the game - including the red Eye of the Loon seat - and are recognized at halftime, in-stadium, with a PA announcement and video board presentation.
As a generous thank you, Xcel Energy provided 1,000 free tickets to returning members of the 34th Red Bull Infantry Division to spend time with family and friends and watch the Loons tie LIga MX side C.F. Pachuca. The soldiers as a collective were recognized as the game's Eye of the Loon honorees.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from September 18, 2019
- Atlanta United FC Downs FC Cincinnati 2-0 - FC Cincinnati
- Impact Shuts out Toronto FC 1-0 in First Leg of Canadian Championship Final - Montreal Impact
- Toronto FC (0) - Montreal Impact (1) Post Game Summary - Toronto FC
- Dante Sealy Called into Youth National Team Camp - FC Dallas
- MLS Disciplinary Committee Decisions Announced - MLS
- By the Numbers: The Lions in H-Town - Orlando City SC
- Greatest Goalscoring Race in MLS History Reaches Stretch Run: Week 29 MLS News & Notes - MLS
- Game Notes: Sounders FC vs. FC Dallas - September 18, 2019 - Seattle Sounders FC
- MAPFRE Stadium to Host 2019 FIFA Women's World Cup Champion United States Women's National Team Friendly on November 7 - Columbus Crew SC
- MNUFC and Xcel Energy Welcome Home Minnesota National Guard Soldiers - Minnesota United FC
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.