'Dads Hold RiverDogs to Two Hits in Win
Hickory, NC - Yerry Rodriguez threw another gem on Saturday night as the 'Dads defeated the Charleston RiverDogs 8-1.
Jax Biggers led off the home half of the first with a double to center. Miguel Aparicio hit his fourth triple of the year to drive Biggers in and give the 'Dads a 1-0 lead.
The 'Dads added on five more runs in the bottom of the third. Jax Biggers drew a walk to lead things off. Miguel Aparicio was hit by a pitch and Kole Enright drew another walk. Tyreque Reed hit a sacrifice fly to score Biggers. Pedro Gonzalez added on a double to bring in Aparicio and Enright. Matt Whatley finished off the inning's scoring with a two-run homer that put the Crawdads ahead 6-0.
In the bottom of the sixth, Jonathan Ornelas and Matt Whatley hit back-to-back doubles to push the score to 7-0.
Crawdads starter Yerry Rodriguez finished the evening after seven shutout innings. He allowed just one hit, walked two, and struck out five. He improved to 7-2 on the season and lowered his ERA to 1.77, which is second-best in the South Atlantic League.
The Crawdads scored another run in the eighth inning to pull ahead 8-0. Jonathan Ornelas reached on a throwing error and was brought home on Frainyer Chavez' triple to left.
The RiverDogs got on the board in the ninth, scoring off Crawdads reliever Tai Tiedemann, but still trailed 8-1.
The series wraps up tomorrow evening at 5pm. It is Church Bulletin Sunday and fans can bring in their church bulletin for a discounted $6 ticket. The 'Dads will donate $4 to that bulletin's respective church thanks to PDQ. It is also Hospitality Night and hospitality and service industry professionals can get a free ticket. Family and friends can purchase discounted $6 ticket. It is also Social Media Sunday presented by WHKY 1290 AM and 102.3 FM and fans can show they follow the 'Dads on social media for a $6 ticket. There will also be contests throughout the night themed to social media so be sure to check the Crawdads Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from June 22, 2019
- Senger Plates Three, Fireflies Fall in Ninth - Columbia Fireflies
- 14 Strikeouts Lead to 8-1 Loss Saturday Night for Kannapolis - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Offense Breaks out to Beat Kannapolis 8-1 - Augusta GreenJackets
- Langeliers Drives Rome to 5-3 Victory over Hagerstown - Rome Braves
- Dogs Bats Stay Quiet in Hickory - Charleston RiverDogs
- Errors Cost 'Birds in G-Boro - Delmarva Shorebirds
- 'Dads Hold RiverDogs to Two Hits in Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Gutierrez Homers, But Claws Fall 3-2 to West Virginia - Jersey Shore BlueClaws
- Davis' Eighth-Inning Single Vaults Power to 3-2 Win - West Virginia Power
- Legends Fall in Game Three to Drive - Lexington Legends
- Golsan Drops Down Walk-Off Winning Bunt - Asheville Tourists
- Suns Suffer First Loss in Second Half - Hagerstown Suns
- Fireflies Roster Move and Game Notes: June 22 at Asheville (Game 69) - Columbia Fireflies
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Game Notes (June 22) - West Virginia Power
- Rome on the losing end of lopsided affair - Rome Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.