Legends Fall in Game Three to Drive
WHITAKER BANK BALLPARK (Lexington, KY) - The Lexington Legends fell in game three to the Greenville Drive, 5-3. The Legends record now drops to 38-34 while the Drive improves to 34-39.
Dylan Hardy blasted a leadoff homer off the first pitch of the game and the Drive led, 1-0.
In the top of the third inning, Hardy singled to left field then advanced to second on a wild pitch. Everlouis Lozada then drew a walk and the Drive had runners at first and second. Lozada then attempted to steal third base, and Vallot committed a throwing error allowing both runners to score and Greenville led, 3-0.
Rubendy Jaquez was hit by a pitch in the bottom of the fourth inning then moved to second on a single by Brhet Bewley. Reed Rohlman then grounded out to the second baseman, and Jaquez scored putting the Legends on the board, 3-1.
Greenville plated a run in the top of the fifth inning. Hardy reached base for the third time, drawing a walk and advanced to third on a throwing error by the pitcher, Bryce Hensley. Jordan Wren singled home Hardy and the Drive extended their lead, 4-1.
In the bottom of the fifth inning, Chase Vallot was hit by a pitch then moved to second on a single by Jeison Guzman. Jaquez then grounded a ball to the first baseman, who couldn't make a play and two runs crossed the plate.
The Drive scored their final run of the night in the top of the eighth inning. Tyler Dearden blasted a solo homer to right field and Greenville led 5-3.
Kevin Biondic was awarded the win pitching 6.0 innings allowing two runs on three hits while walking two and striking out three. Yohanse Morel was given the loss tossing 4.1 innings allowing four runs (three earned) on three hits while walking two and striking out six.
The Legends and Drive meet for the series finale tomorrow, Sunday June 23rd at 2:05pm. The Legends' Pride Week Kickoff event begins at 11am and for $10, fans can get into the event and will have a seat for the game!
The Legends, a Class A affiliate of the Kansas City Royals and member of the South Atlantic League, play all home games at Whitaker Bank Ballpark in Lexington, Kentucky. For ticket information, call (859) 422-7867 or visit LexingtonLegends.com.
Images from this story
Jeison Guzman of the Lexington Legends
• Discuss this story on the South Atlantic League message board...
South Atlantic League Stories from June 22, 2019
- Senger Plates Three, Fireflies Fall in Ninth - Columbia Fireflies
- 14 Strikeouts Lead to 8-1 Loss Saturday Night for Kannapolis - Kannapolis Cannon Ballers
- Offense Breaks out to Beat Kannapolis 8-1 - Augusta GreenJackets
- Langeliers Drives Rome to 5-3 Victory over Hagerstown - Rome Braves
- Dogs Bats Stay Quiet in Hickory - Charleston RiverDogs
- Errors Cost 'Birds in G-Boro - Delmarva Shorebirds
- 'Dads Hold RiverDogs to Two Hits in Win - Hickory Crawdads
- Gutierrez Homers, But Claws Fall 3-2 to West Virginia - Lakewood BlueClaws
- Davis' Eighth-Inning Single Vaults Power to 3-2 Win - West Virginia Power
- Legends Fall in Game Three to Drive - Lexington Legends
- Golsan Drops Down Walk-Off Winning Bunt - Asheville Tourists
- Suns Suffer First Loss in Second Half - Hagerstown Suns
- Fireflies Roster Move and Game Notes: June 22 at Asheville (Game 69) - Columbia Fireflies
- Hagerstown Suns Game Notes - Hagerstown Suns
- Game Notes (June 22) - West Virginia Power
- Rome on the losing end of lopsided affair - Rome Braves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lexington Legends Stories
- Murphy Named Voice of the Legends
- Lexington Legends to Rebrand to Kentucky Beer Cheese
- Legends Announce 2020 Promotional Schedule
- Legends to Host Female Minor League Baseball Broadcasters Event
- Brooks Conrad Returns to Manage Reigning South Atlantic League Champions