D.C. United Signs Defender Jordan Graye
Washington, D.C. (April 14, 2010) - D.C. United announced today the club has signed defender Jordan Graye. The young player was United's sole draft pick from the 2010 MLS SuperDraft and has been with the club since the beginning of the preseason campaign.
When asked about Graye's signing, United General Manager Dave Kasper stated, "We are pleased to be adding Jordan to our team. He has terrific athletic qualities and will provide us cover at the back. We are excited about his future and look forward to his contributions."
Graye was selected 55th overall in the SuperDraft. The athletic defender joins United after a standout career at the University of North Carolina where he played three seasons for the Tarheels. During his senior year in 2009, Graye had his best collegiate term, starting all 22 games the Tar Heels played and tallying two goals and three assists. In 2008 Graye started 23 of 24 games, registered an assist and helped lead a Tar Heel defense that earned seven shutouts. Graye is a Washington, D.C. native and a product of D.C. United's Youth Academy.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from April 14, 2010
- Chicago Fire "Goes Green" To Honor Earth Day - Chicago Fire
- Dynamo Offer Tax Day Ticket Discount - Houston Dynamo
- D.C. United Signs Defender Jordan Graye - D.C. United
- Earthquakes Sign Youngest Player In Club History, Gambian Midfielder Omar Jasseh - San Jose Earthquakes
- All Seating Levels Now On Sale For The Three Mexico Games In May As Strong Ticket Sales Continue - MLS
- D.C. United To Host United Celebrity Golf Tournament - D.C. United
- D.C. United announces schedule for 'It Takes More Concert Series' - D.C. United
- Chicago Fire Midfielder Marco Pappa Earns MLS Goal of the Week Nomination - Chicago Fire
- Earthquakes Take On Real Salt Lake Wednesday At Buck Shaw Stadium - San Jose Earthquakes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Forward Wayne Rooney Voted MLS Player of the Week
- D.C. United Beat Real Salt Lake 5-0 at Audi Field
- D.C. United Secures Prestigious Friendly against Real Betis in May
- Paul Arriola Receives Call-Up to USMNT for Upcoming Friendlies
- D.C. United Beat Atlanta 2-0 in MLS Opener at Audi Field