D.C. United Player Tests Negative for COVID-19
D.C. United confirm that the player who received an initial unconfirmed positive COVID-19 test result has completed two subsequent tests with both yielding negative results. Based on these results, he has been medically cleared by Major League Soccer to rejoin the club for all activities in Orlando.
The Black-and-Red will look to build on their come-from-behind draw against Toronto FC on Friday night at 8:00 p.m. EST on ESPN against the New England Revolution, who sit atop Group C after the opening round of play in the MLS is Back tournament.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 13, 2020
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: July 13, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Toronto FC Player Update - Toronto FC
- D.C. United Player Tests Negative for COVID-19 - D.C. United
- Matchday Guide: Inter Miami CF vs. Philadelphia Union - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas Returns to Texas - FC Dallas
- Toronto FC (2) - D.C. United (2) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- D.C. United Draw with Toronto in First Match of MLS Is Back Tournament - D.C. United
- Match Preview: Inter Miami CF to Face Philadelphia Union in Second MLS Is Back Tournament Match - Inter Miami CF
- By the Numbers: Game Two in Group A - Orlando City SC
- Reliving the Running of the Wall, Lions Face NYCFC on Tuesday - Orlando City SC
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: July 13, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- Teal Bunbury Re-Signs with New England Revolution - New England Revolution
- City Takes on NYCFC in Second Match of MLS Is Back Tournament - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City Takes on NYCFC in Second Match of MLS Is Back Tournament - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Drowns Rapids in Tournament Opener - Real Salt Lake
- Colorado Rapids Drop to Real Salt Lake - Colorado Rapids
- MNUFC Come from Behind in Victory over SKC - Minnesota United FC
- Sporting Suffers Late Loss to Minnesota - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- Loudoun United FC Lose 4-0 to Philadelphia Union II on the Road
- D.C. United Announce Update to Academy Programming
- D.C. United Lose 2-0 against the New York Red Bulls at Audi Field
- D.C. United and MLS Announce Regular Season Schedule Through September
- Loudoun United FC Reschedule Saturday's Kickoff to 7 p.m. ET