By the Numbers: Game Two in Group A
6 - Wins against NYCFC
Orlando might have started their newest rivalry with a win over Inter Miami last Wednesday, but City have racked up plenty of rivalry points against fellow 2015 expansion side NYCFC. The Lions have six wins over the Pigeons in the past five years, their most against any one side. The most recent came in the 2019 U.S. Open Cup quarterfinal, when the Exploria Stadium supporters famously sprinted to the other end of the stadium to cheer on Orlando to a penalty kick shootout victory in the moment now known as the "Running of the Wall."
0.91 - Nani on an elite pace
Nani brought down the house with a spectacular performance against Miami in his first game in over nine months, assisting Chris Mueller's equalizer before scoring a dramatic 97th minute winner. The Orlando City captain has 13 goals and 11 assists in 2,373 MLS minutes, which converts to 0.91 goals and assists per ninety minutes. That's enough to rank him fourth in MLS among active players since the start of 2019, behind only LAFC's Carlos Vela, Atlanta United's Josef Martinez, and NYCFC's Maxi Moralez.
10 - Mueller milestone
Chris Mueller picked up right where he left off when the coronavirus pandemic shut down MLS in March, scoring a goal for the second straight match, albeit four months apart. The goal against Miami was Mueller's 10th in Major League Soccer. Mueller finished second in the Rookie of the Year vote in his rookie season in 2018, scoring three goals, before going up to five last year.
1-0 - NYC slide
New York City FC have been a top side in Major League Soccer for the past four seasons, finishing first in the Eastern Conference on 64 points in 2019. Things have not been so rosy in 2020, however. Including a CONCACAF Champions League game against Tigres played before the shutdown, the Pigeons have lost four games in a row, all by the exact same 1-0 scoreline. NYCFC have yet to score in an MLS game in 2020.
1.5 - FAIRWINDS Credit Union
Score up to 1.5% cash back and LionNation points when you use your FAIRWINDS Orlando City Visa® or Orlando Pride Visa® on game day purchases and everyday essentials. Apply today and get purple carded.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from July 13, 2020
- Earthquakes Weekly Update: July 13, 2020 - San Jose Earthquakes
- Toronto FC Player Update - Toronto FC
- D.C. United Player Tests Negative for COVID-19 - D.C. United
- Matchday Guide: Inter Miami CF vs. Philadelphia Union - Inter Miami CF
- FC Dallas Returns to Texas - FC Dallas
- Toronto FC (2) - D.C. United (2) Post Match Summary - Toronto FC
- D.C. United Draw with Toronto in First Match of MLS Is Back Tournament - D.C. United
- Match Preview: Inter Miami CF to Face Philadelphia Union in Second MLS Is Back Tournament Match - Inter Miami CF
- By the Numbers: Game Two in Group A - Orlando City SC
- Reliving the Running of the Wall, Lions Face NYCFC on Tuesday - Orlando City SC
- FC Cincinnati Weekly Update: July 13, 2020 - FC Cincinnati
- Teal Bunbury Re-Signs with New England Revolution - New England Revolution
- City Takes on NYCFC in Second Match of MLS Is Back Tournament - Orlando City SC
- Orlando City Takes on NYCFC in Second Match of MLS Is Back Tournament - Orlando City SC
- Real Salt Lake Drowns Rapids in Tournament Opener - Real Salt Lake
- Colorado Rapids Drop to Real Salt Lake - Colorado Rapids
- MNUFC Come from Behind in Victory over SKC - Minnesota United FC
- Sporting Suffers Late Loss to Minnesota - Sporting Kansas City
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.