D.C. United Acquire $50,000 in TAM from Columbus Crew SC
WASHINGTON - D.C. United have acquired $50,000 in Targeted Allocation Money (TAM) from Columbus Crew SC in exchange for $50,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) for the 2019 season.
General Allocation Money (GAM) is an annual allotment of money that is available to a club in addition to its salary budget. GAM can be used to sign players who are new to Major League Soccer, to re-sign an existing MLS player, to offset loan and transfer fees, to extend a new MLS player's contract for a second year and to reduce the Salary Budget Charge of a Designated Player to a limit of $150,000.
Targeted Allocation Money (TAM) are funds strategically provided by the league to teams to add or retain players that will make an immediate impact on the field.
TRANSACTION: D.C. United acquired $50,000 in Targeted Allocation Money (TAM) from the Columbus Crew in exchange for $50,000 in General Allocation Money (GAM) for the 2019 season.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 8, 2019
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 3 - 2 Houston Dynamo - New York City FC
- 10-Man Dynamo Fall 3-2 at New York City FC - Houston Dynamo
- Match Preview: New York Travels West for Nationally Televised Match vs. LAFC - New York Red Bulls
- Know Your Opponent | Toronto FC - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Orlando City Face Road Test at Toronto on Saturday - Orlando City SC
- Florian Valot Placed on Season Ending Injury List - New York Red Bulls
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Begin Two-Game Road Trip in New York City - Houston Dynamo
- LAFC and Banc of California to Host Community Resource Fair on Saturday, August 10 - Los Angeles FC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Allocation Money in Trade with the Houston Dynamo - Columbus Crew SC
- Houston Dynamo Acquire FW Niko Hansen from Columbus Crew SC - Houston Dynamo
- FCC Fans: Prep for the Columbus Blue out Game & Meet Nick Hagglund - FC Cincinnati
- Sounders FC Adds Emanuel Cecchini and Luis Silva as Summer Transfer Window Closes - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Acquire Forward Cristian Pavan - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United Acquire $50,000 in TAM from Columbus Crew SC - D.C. United
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Allocation Money Via Trade with D.C. United - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Cincinnati Acquire Homegrown Midfielder Derrick Etienne Jr. - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls Loan Derrick Etienne Jr. to FC Cincinnati - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Acquire Midfielder Joseph-Claude Gyau - FC Cincinnati
- Timbers' Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Run Comes to An End with 2-1 Loss to Minnesota United FC - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent D.C. United Stories
- D.C. United Announce Partnership with EVERFI to Inspire D.C. Students' Interest in STEM Careers
- D.C. United Sign Yamil Asad to a Contract Beginning in 2020 Season
- D.C. United Defeat Portland 1-0 at Providence Park
- Two D.C. United Academy Coaches Kick off Yearlong Educational Program in Partnership with French Football Federation
- D.C. United Draw Club Puebla Friendly 1-1 in Friendly