Columbus Crew SC Acquires Allocation Money in Trade with the Houston Dynamo
COLUMBUS - Columbus Crew SC today announced that it has acquired $75,000 in Targeted Allocation Money (TAM) via a trade with the Houston Dynamo. In exchange, the Black & Gold traded midfielder Niko Hansen to Houston.
"We want to thank Niko for his contributions to Crew SC during his time in Columbus," said Crew SC President and General Manager Tim Bezbatchenko. "We felt this transaction allowed for the Club to acquire roster and salary budget resources while also creating an opportunity that was good for the player. We wish Niko the best in the next chapter of his career."
Hansen was selected by Crew SC in the First Round of the 2017 MLS SuperDraft. During his time with the Black & Gold, Hansen made 45 regular-season appearances (16 starts), scoring four goals and providing five assists.
Up next, Crew SC hosts FC Cincinnati in a home match at MAPFRE Stadium on Saturday, August 10 [7:30 p.m. ET / FOX Sports Ohio, FOX Sports GO (Stream) / 97.1 The Fan & 971TheFan.com (English); ColumbusCrewSC.com (Spanish)].
TRANSACTION: Columbus Crew SC acquires $75,000 in Targeted Allocation Money (TAM) from the Houston Dynamo in exchange for midfielder Niko Hansen on August 8, 2019.
• Discuss this story on the Major League Soccer message board...
Major League Soccer Stories from August 8, 2019
- Notes & Quotes: New York City FC 3 - 2 Houston Dynamo - New York City FC
- 10-Man Dynamo Fall 3-2 at New York City FC - Houston Dynamo
- Match Preview: New York Travels West for Nationally Televised Match vs. LAFC - New York Red Bulls
- Know Your Opponent | Toronto FC - Orlando City SC
- Preview: Orlando City Face Road Test at Toronto on Saturday - Orlando City SC
- Florian Valot Placed on Season Ending Injury List - New York Red Bulls
- Three Points: Houston Dynamo Begin Two-Game Road Trip in New York City - Houston Dynamo
- LAFC and Banc of California to Host Community Resource Fair on Saturday, August 10 - Los Angeles FC
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Allocation Money in Trade with the Houston Dynamo - Columbus Crew SC
- Houston Dynamo Acquire FW Niko Hansen from Columbus Crew SC - Houston Dynamo
- FCC Fans: Prep for the Columbus Blue out Game & Meet Nick Hagglund - FC Cincinnati
- Sounders FC Adds Emanuel Cecchini and Luis Silva as Summer Transfer Window Closes - Seattle Sounders FC
- LA Galaxy Acquire Forward Cristian Pavan - LA Galaxy
- D.C. United Acquire $50,000 in TAM from Columbus Crew SC - D.C. United
- Columbus Crew SC Acquires Allocation Money Via Trade with D.C. United - Columbus Crew SC
- FC Cincinnati Acquire Homegrown Midfielder Derrick Etienne Jr. - FC Cincinnati
- New York Red Bulls Loan Derrick Etienne Jr. to FC Cincinnati - New York Red Bulls
- FC Cincinnati Acquire Midfielder Joseph-Claude Gyau - FC Cincinnati
- Timbers' Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup Run Comes to An End with 2-1 Loss to Minnesota United FC - Portland Timbers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Columbus Crew SC Stories
- Columbus Crew SC Announces Time for October 18 Home Match against New York City FC
- Columbus Crew SC Travels to Face Toronto FC Tomorrow
- Columbus Crew SC Hosts Minnesota United FC Tonight
- Columbus Crew SC's Remainder of 2020 Major League Soccer Regular Season Schedule Revealed
- Columbus Crew SC Joins Professional Sports Team-Led Voter Registration Coalition "Rally the Vote"