Cyclones Pushed to the Brink Following Game 4 Loss
Toledo, OH - The Cincinnati Cyclones fell 3-2 to the Toledo Walleye in Game 4 of the Central Division Final of the 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs presented by Smile Direct Club. The Cyclones trail the best-of-seven series, 3-1. The Cyclones received goals from defenseman Tobie Bisson and forward Justin Vaive.
After a scoreless opening period, Cincinnati took the lead early in the second when Bisson took a pass off a faceoff and blasted in a shot from the point to give the 'Clones a 1-0 edge. The momentum was short-lived however, as just before the midway point of the frame, Toledo defenseman Trevor Hamilton lit the lamp to tie the game, 1-1.
Hamilton struck again at the 14:25 mark of the frame when he redirected a pass into the back of the net with his leg. After a review of the goal, it was determined that there was no distinct kicking motion, and the Walleye took a 2-1 lead after two periods.
The Cyclones found some luck on the power play 1:35 into the final period when forward Jesse Schultz sent a pass from the right corner to Vaive in the circle, and he snapped in a shot past Toledo goaltender Pat Nagle to tie the game, 2-2.
Cincinnati continued to battle, however with under five minutes remaining in regulation Toledo received a tally from forward Brian Moore to give the Walleye a 3-2 lead.
The Cyclones received a few more quality scoring chances in the final minutes, however could not get the equalizer and Toledo held on for the 3-2 win in Game 4.
Cincinnati was outshot, 37-27 on the evening, with goaltender Michael Houser stopping 34 in the loss. Cincinnati returns home on Saturday for Game 5, with the face-off set for 7:35pm ET.
The 2018-19 season has come to an end and the 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs presented by Smile Direct Club are HERE! The 2018-19 ECHL Brabham Cup Champion Cincinnati Cyclones want YOU along for the ride, and playoff tickets are on sale NOW starting at $18 per seat for single game tickets and $15 per seat for groups of 20 or more! Call (513) 421-PUCK for tickets and more information, and stay on top of all the latest team updates and information on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram, along with our website, www.cycloneshockey.com!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from May 3, 2019
- Cyclones Pushed to the Brink Following Game 4 Loss - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs Force Game Six as Growlers Fall 2-1 in Ovetime - Newfoundland Growlers
- Monarchs Force Game 6 with 2-1 Victory - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - May 3 - ECHL
- Game Preview: Solar Bears vs. Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Cyclones Game Preview: 2019 Kelly Cup Playoffs- Central Division Final, Game 4 vs. Toledo - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Growlers Partner with Dollar a Day Foundation - Newfoundland Growlers
- ECHL Announces Fine - ECHL
- Chris Powell Joins Royals as Dir. of Corporate Sales and Sponsorships - Reading Royals
- Special Touch: Power Play Helps Lift 'Blades to 4-0 Win - Florida Everblades
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.