Cyclones Complete Trade with Missouri
CINCINNATI, Ohio - The Cincinnati Cyclones, proud affiliate of the NHL's Florida Panthers and Nashville Predators, announced today that they have acquired the rights to defenseman Alex Velischek and forward Ross Ring-Jarvi to complete a "future considerations" trade with the Missouri Mavericks.
Velischeck (VELL-eh-check), a 2009 5th Round Draft Pick of the Pittsburgh Penguins, will join the Cyclones after beginning the season with the Missouri Mavericks. In six games this year, the six-foot, 200 pound rear guard has notched a single assist and eight penalty minutes. A year ago, he posted 11 points (4g, 7a) in 36 games for the Arizona Sundogs (CHL). Prior to going pro, Velischek played four seasons at Providence College, where he earned 27 points in 113 games. His father, Randy, played a total of 509 NHL games for the New Jersey Devils and and Minnesota North Stars during the 1980's.
Ring-Jarvi helped guide the Alaska Aces to the 2014 Kelly Cup, totaling 24 points in 51 regular season games and a goal in seven postseason games. He was a four year letter winner at Gustavus Adolphus College, where he amassed 130 points in 115 games and was team captain during his senior season.
The Cyclones will be back on the ice at U.S. Bank Arena this Friday night as they welcome in the Evansville IceMen for the first time this season at 7:30pm! In addition to a great night of hockey and $1 John Morrell Hot Dogs, the first 2,000 fans in attendance will receive an exclusive Cyclones Oven Mitt! Plus, it will be the first Pucks & Pints Pregame Beer Tasting event, featuring live music from Ben Knight & The Well Diggers. Call 513.421.PUCK to secure your seats and for more details. Fans can also get the latest team updates throughout the season on Facebook, Twitter (@CincyCyclones), and Instagram!
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from November 20, 2014
- Defenseman Mike Cornell Returns from AHL - Florida Everblades
- Kea Reassigned to Rochester - Elmira Jackals
- IceMen Acquire Prab Rai from Stockton - Evansville IceMen
- Prab Rai Sent to Evansville - Stockton Thunder
- Kids Pack the House; Stockton Edges Condors 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- First Five Home Games Produce Enormous Attendance - Wheeling Nailers
- ECHL Transactions - November 20 - ECHL
- Fuel Activate Bonar, Wise - Indy Fuel
- Thunder Snap Skid in Morning Game, Beating Bakersfield 3-2 - Stockton Thunder
- Road Warriors Adjust Schedule - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Aces Assigned Lw Ryan Walters from Iowa - Alaska Aces
- Iowa Wild Assigns Netminder Curry to Mallards - Quad City Mallards
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign at Idaho Steelheads - Ontario Reign
- Karlsson Recalled by AHL's Stars - Idaho Steelheads
- Mallards Team with Area Schools, Harris Pizza for Anti-Bullying Campaign - Quad City Mallards
- Cyclones Complete Trade with Missouri - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Monarchs Reassign Arseneau to Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Komets Host Homecoming Double-Header Weekend; Wings Visit Friday, Warriors in Town Saturday - Fort Wayne Komets
- Blackhawks Reassign Carruth to AHL - Indy Fuel
- Early Morning Game in Bakersfield - Stockton Thunder
- ECHL Today - November 20 - ECHL
- Steelheads Storm Back in Third for 4-3 Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Reign Frustrated in 4-3 Loss to Steelheads - Ontario Reign
- Eagles Fall to Grizzlies 2-1 - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.