Curve's Nicholson Named to Canadian Olympic Team
Altoona Curve infielder Kevin Nicholson today was officially selected to represent Team Canada at the 2004 Summer Olympic Games in Athens, Greece. Nicholson is one of 24 players who will represent his country in the Olympic Baseball Tournament during this summer's Olympic Games, which run from Aug. 13-29. Team Canada will convene in Toronto on August 1st to being workouts, followed by a schedule of exhibition games leading up to the Olympics.
Nicholson, a native of Surrey, BC, is batting .211 with 3 HR and 28 RBI in 62 games with the Curve this season.
Other 2004 Eastern League players selected to Team Canada include pitchers Chris Begg (Norwich/San Francisco) and John Ogiltree (New Hampshire/Toronto) and outfielder Jeremy Ware (Harrisburg/Montreal). Also selected to the Canadian Olympic Team is former Major Leaguer Rob Ducey, who is currently serving as the hitting coach for the Harrisburg Senators in the E.L.
Team Canada will be managed by former Toronto Blue Jays catcher Ernie Whitt.
• Discuss this story on the Eastern League message board...
Eastern League Stories from July 15, 2004
- Baysox absolutely trounce Navs - Bowie Baysox
- Senators Come From Behind To Beat Fisher Cats In 10 Innings - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Thunder fall, 9-1, as Brown pitches on rehab - Trenton Thunder
- Thunder spearhead collection for NJ flood victims - Trenton Thunder
- Senators Dodd and Lieberman to join Governor Rell - Connecticut Defenders
- Senators Make Roster Changes - Harrisburg Senators
- Fisher Cats update - New Hampshire Fisher Cats
- Curve's Nicholson Named to Canadian Olympic Team - Altoona Curve
- Keppinger earns Eastern League All-Star Game MVP honors - Altoona Curve
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Altoona Curve Stories
- Hayes Wins Second Straight Rawlings Gold Glove Award
- Curve Nominated for Charles K. Murphy Patriot Award
- Curve Announce Partnership with 12-10 Production Company & MotionRocket
- Hayes, Brubaker Honored with Pirates Minor League Awards
- Curve Eliminated with 9-0 Loss to 'Ducks