C's Win Second Straight Thriller over Boise
Vancouver, B.C. -- A ground ball off the bat of MC Gregory Contreras skipped off Tyler Plantier's glove at third base allowing Philip Clarke to score helping Vancouver to a 3-2 victory over Boise on Sunday afternoon in front of 6,413 sun soaked fans at Nat Bailey Stadium.
Boise scored a pair of runs off Juan Diaz in the top of the fifth inning with Trevor Boone and Turner Brown connecting on RBI singles. Brown tried to stretch his hit into a double and was thrown out by Philip Clarke to end the frame. Brown slid awkwardly into second and left the game with what looked to be a shoulder injury.
Vancouver plated all three runs on Sunday in the bottom of the sixth inning with Braxton Lorenzini walking the first two hitters he faced (Dom Abbadessa & Tanner Morris) on eight pitches before Cameron Enck came in to hit the first batter he faced (Cameron Eden). Philip Clarke hit into a fielder's choice bringing home the Canadians first run. A wild pitch allowed Morris to score from third base, followed by the Plantier miscue at third base that brought Eden into count giving Vancouver a 3-2 lead.
Josh Almonte went two hitless innings in relief striking out two while Grayson Huffman helped Diaz improve his record to 3-4 on the season. Huffman walked Tyler Plantier with two outs and proceeded to pick him off at first base to end the game.
With the win, Vancouver improves to 10-14 (.400) through 25 second half games while Boise falls to 9-15 (.360).
The Canadians wrap up this three-game series on Monday, August 19 at 7:05pm before heading out on the road for three games in Tri-City.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 18, 2019
- AquaSox Blown out by Volcanoes - Everett AquaSox
- Ems Rise to Occasion to Edge out Spokane - Eugene Emeralds
- Hops Cruise Past Devils 9-1 to Even Series - Hillsboro Hops
- Hawks Drop Game Two to Canadians off of Vancouver's Three-Run Inning - Boise Hawks
- C's Win Second Straight Thriller over Boise - Vancouver Canadians
- Promo Preview | Ems Host Hops in Season's Penultimate Series - Eugene Emeralds
- Disastrous Inning Dooms Emeralds in Spokane - Eugene Emeralds
- 12th Inning Is Where Vancouver Finds Series Opening Victory vs. Boise - Vancouver Canadians
- August 17th: Volcanoes Snap Losing Streak with 8-0 Win over Everett - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Hawks Lose Marathon of 12 Innings to Canadians 3-2 - Boise Hawks
- Two Dust Devil Homers Decide Series Opener - Hillsboro Hops
- Disaster Inning Dooms Emeralds in Spokane - Eugene Emeralds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Vancouver Canadians Stories
- Canadians Baron Receives 3rd Consecutive Sports Turf Manager of the Year Award
- Robertson Named NWL Player of the Week
- C's Swept in Season Finale; Fall 3-1 to Everett
- C's Fall 11-3 in Everett on Sunday Afternoon
- C's Just Can't Catch Everett; Fall 5-3 on Saturday