AquaSox Blown out by Volcanoes
KEIZER, Ore. - Yorlis Rodriguez and Alexander Canario had three hits apiece while Hunter Bishop belted his third Northwest League homerun as the Salem Keizer Volcanoes won their second straight over the AquaSox by a 13-4 final before a crowd of 2,014 at Volcanoes Stadium.
Armani Smith hit a three-run triple in the third inning. The triple by Smith capped a four-run inning and gave the Volcanoes a 4-2 lead after Alexander Canario hit an RBI single earlier in the inning.
Salem-Keizer later scored in four additional innings, including a four-run eighth, when Carter Aldrete hit an RBI single, driving in Jairo Pomares to help finish off the blowout.
Smith finished 2-for-4 with a run scored and three RBI. Canario was 3-for-5 with a double, two runs scored and two RBI. Bishop was 2-for-5 with a triple, a homerun, three runs scored and two RBI.
Salem Keizer starter Jasier Herrera (2-1) got the win going five innings. He allowed four runs on nine hits, walked one and struck out five.
Jorge Benitez (2-3) took the loss in relief for the AquaSox surrendering seven earned runs in 3 1/3 innings. He gave up six hits, walked three and hit three batters.
Cesar Izturis Jr. and Utah Jones had two hits each for the AquaSox.
• Discuss this story on the Northwest League message board...
Northwest League Stories from August 18, 2019
- AquaSox Blown out by Volcanoes - Everett AquaSox
- Ems Rise to Occasion to Edge out Spokane - Eugene Emeralds
- Hops Cruise Past Devils 9-1 to Even Series - Hillsboro Hops
- Hawks Drop Game Two to Canadians off of Vancouver's Three-Run Inning - Boise Hawks
- C's Win Second Straight Thriller over Boise - Vancouver Canadians
- Promo Preview | Ems Host Hops in Season's Penultimate Series - Eugene Emeralds
- Disastrous Inning Dooms Emeralds in Spokane - Eugene Emeralds
- 12th Inning Is Where Vancouver Finds Series Opening Victory vs. Boise - Vancouver Canadians
- August 17th: Volcanoes Snap Losing Streak with 8-0 Win over Everett - Salem-Keizer Volcanoes
- Hawks Lose Marathon of 12 Innings to Canadians 3-2 - Boise Hawks
- Two Dust Devil Homers Decide Series Opener - Hillsboro Hops
- Disaster Inning Dooms Emeralds in Spokane - Eugene Emeralds
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.