Crunch Goaltender Kevin Lalande Named Rbk/AHL Player of the Week
Syracuse, NY (March 16, 2009) - The American Hockey League announced today that Syracuse Crunch goaltender Kevin Lalande has been named the Rbk/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending March 15, 2009. Lalande went 3-0-0 last week with a 1.00 goals against average and .974 save percentage.
Lalande made his home Crunch debut Wednesday night against Toronto, stopping 32 of 33 shots, picking up the win and earning first star honors. He recorded 31 stops on Friday night against Lake Erie in a 3-1 Crunch victory and was again named the game's first star.
Lalande capped off his week by making an individual and Crunch team season-high 48 saves on 49 shots in a 4-1 win over Rochester Saturday night in front of 6,021 fans at the War Memorial at Oncenter. Lalande was named the first star of the game for the third straight contest and was the AHL's first star of the night.
In 10 combined appearances this season with the Crunch and Quad City, Lalande is 7-2-1 with a 1.66 goals against average, .945 save percentage and one shutout.
In recognition of his achievement, Lalande will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Crunch home game.
A native of Kingston, Ontario, Lalande was acquired by the Columbus Blue Jackets from Calgary in exchange for a fourth round draft pick in the 2009 NHL Entry Draft on March 4, 2009.
Other nominees for Reebok/AHL Player of the Week include Albany right wing Jerome Samson, Binghamton left wing Greg Mauldin, Bridgeport right wing Junior Lessard, Chicago defenseman Clay Wilson, Grand Rapids right wing Darren McCarty, Hamilton right wing Mike Glumac, Hartford defenseman Michael Sauer, Hershey center Alexandre Giroux, Houston left wing Krys Kolanos, Iowa center Ajay Baines, Lake Erie left wing Randy Rowe, Manitoba left wing Michael Grabner, Milwaukee center Cal O'Reilly, Peoria left wing Chris Porter, Philadelphia right wing Boyd Kane, Portland left wing Nathan Gerbe, Providence goaltender Tuukka Rask, Quad City right wing David Van der Gulik, Rochester center David Brine, Rockford center Tim Brent, San Antonio goaltender Al Montoya, Wilkes-Barre/Scranton left wing Janne Pesonen and Worcester goaltender Thomas Greiss.
The Crunch's next game is Friday, March 20 as they take on Rochester at the War Memorial at Oncenter at 7:30 p.m. Tickets can be purchased by calling the Crunch office at 315-473-4444, stopping by the Oncenter Box Office, located on the State Street side of the War Memorial or by calling Ticketmaster at 315-472-0700.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from March 16, 2009
- Pesonen Sets Team Mark, Satan Makes Penguins Debut In Win - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Penguins Unload Seven In Albany - Albany River Rats
- P-Bruins Release Miller from PTO - Providence Bruins
- Houston Aeros Weekly - Houston Aeros
- Rivermen Weekly - Peoria Rivermen
- Phantoms Weekly - Adirondack Phantoms
- Amerks Look To Snap Skid; Home Twice This Week - Rochester Americans
- Playoff Races Heating Up As Final Weeks Approach - AHL
- Hamilton Travels To Iowa, Quad City, Chicago And Milwaukee This Week - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Things to Know for the Week - Portland Pirates
- Rampage Weekly Update - San Antonio Rampage
- Wolves Weekly Notes - Chicago Wolves
- Crunch Goaltender Kevin Lalande Named Rbk/AHL Player of the Week - Syracuse Crunch
- River Rats See Playoff Hopes Fade With Two Home Losses - Albany River Rats
- Crunch Players to Sign Autographs at Tully's Good Times March 17 - Syracuse Crunch
- Flames Host Hamilton And Visit Iowa This Week - Abbotsford Heat
- Falcons Assign Huddy And Constant To Stockton - Springfield Falcons
- Lalande Lights Out - Syracuse Crunch
- Hogs Fall To Fourth In West After Week 23 - Rockford IceHogs
- 11th Annual New England Sled Hockey Tournament Coming Soon - Springfield Falcons
- Wolf Pack Weekly - Connecticut Whale
- Crunch's Lalande named Reebok/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Moose Sacrifice Four Points In Week 23 - Manitoba Moose
- Sharks chomp their way to fourth place tie with Portland - Worcester Sharks
- Lightning Assign D Josef Melichar to Admirals - Norfolk Admirals
- Crunch Players to Sign Autographs at Supercuts March 18 - Syracuse Crunch
- River Rats Post-Game Jersey Auction Returns - Albany River Rats
- Brandon Sutter Reassigned To Albany - Albany River Rats
- Admirals Return To The Bradley Center Friday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Monarchs Weekly Report - Manchester Monarchs
- Bulldogs Release Mark Van Guilder - Hamilton Bulldogs
- Rookie Machacek Gets The Call From Atlanta - Chicago Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Syracuse Crunch Stories
- WWE Hall of Famer Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat to Attend Syracuse Crunch Game April 12
- Crunch Fall to Sound Tigers, 4-1
- Crunch Blow Past Comets, 6-2, Clinch Playoff Berth
- Syracuse Crunch Sign Goaltender Atte Tolvanen to AHL Contract
- Syracuse Crunch to Hold the Great New York State Fair Night March 29