Crosscutters Rise and Shine in Morning Game Blowout at Batavia
Batavia, N.Y. - The Crosscutters racked up a season-high in runs in an 11-4 blowout win at the first-place Batavia Muckdogs in a game that began Tuesday morning.
Hunter Hearn (5th) and Nate Fassnacht (2nd) both launched homers to left while Jake Holmes had four RBI on a 3-for-4 game including a bases-clearing double in the eighth. Johan Rojas was 3-for-4 with a double and an RBI.
Starting pitcher Jose Conopoima (1-3) was stellar in his first win and best outing of the season going five strong innings of two-hit shutout ball with five strikeouts.
The Cutters raced out to a 4-0 lead on Batavia pitcher Jackson Rose (L, 5-5) with four runs in the first. Hearn's two-run shot capped the opening-inning rally.
Then Fassnacht extended the lead with a solo home run in the fourth for a 5-0 cushion. The Cutters finished their big day with a five-run rally in the eighth to take an 11-0 lead. Batavia (38-32) put together four runs in the bottom of the ninth to break Williamsport's shutout bid.
Williamsport (29-40) took two out of three in the series scoring in double-digits both times. The Cutters have won four of their last five.
The Cutters are 19-13 in the second half of the season after going 10-27 in the first half.
The Crosscutters have five home games remaining in 2019 beginning Wednesday at 7:05 p.m. against the Auburn Doubledays with RHP Leonel Aponte the probable starter for the Cutters.
WIL 11 14 2 (5)
BAT 4 8 1 (7)
W - Jose Conopoima (1-3)
L - Jackson Rose (5-5)
HR - Hunter Hearn (5), Nate Fassnacht (2)
Crosscutters Record: 29-40
Next Home Game/Promotion: Wednesday, August 28 vs. Auburn Doubledays / Alize Johnson Bobbleheads
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 27, 2019
- Spikes Fall to Black Bears, 6-3, in Extras - State College Spikes
- Spikes Steal Two Games in Series at State College - West Virginia Black Bears
- Cyclones Fall in Extras, 3-2 - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Tigers Fall to Hudson Valley in Shutout - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Vermont Wins 3-2 In Extras At Brooklyn - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Newest Renegades Do the Trick Over Tigers - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Aberdeen Drops Series Finale - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Cutters Schedule Doubleheader Tomorrow - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Tigers Add Catcher from GCL - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Crosscutters Rise and Shine in Morning Game Blowout at Batavia - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Fregia's Inside-the-Park Homerun Fuels Aberdeen Victory - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Peroni Homers in Loss to Scrappers - Auburn Doubledays
- Scrappers Final Regular Season Homestand August 28-September 2 - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Pizza Rats Win Pitcher's Duel over Aberdeen to Take Final Game of Series - Staten Island Yankees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.