Fregia's Inside-the-Park Homerun Fuels Aberdeen Victory
Lowell, M.A. (August 26th, 2019) - After dominating Lowell in game one of the series, the IronBirds played a little tighter in game two. Andrew Fregia's inside the park homerun in the 4th made it 3-0, and the 'Birds never looked back in the 5-1 win.
W: Ryan Conroy
L: Aldo Ramirez
4th inning: Ian Evans started it with a single, one of three hits he had Monday night. Jean Carmona was then hit by a pitch. Fregia lined one to center, and Gilberto Jimenez dove forward trying to catch it. It got past him and went to the wall, allowing Fregia to make the round trip for the inside the park homer. It was 3-0 IronBirds
5th inning: Maverick Handley doubled and scored. He also caught a runner at second on a backpick in the first inning.
8th inning: Joey Ortiz singled and came in on Ian Evan's RBI double.
9th inning: Lowell loaded the bases with two outs, but Kade Strowd retired the side and kept his ERA at 0.00.
KEY IRONBIRD CONTRIBUTORS:
Ryan Conroy: Win, 5.0 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 4 K, 3 BB
Kyle Martin: 2.0 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 1 K
Ian Evans: 3-for-4, 2B, RBI
Joey Ortiz: 2-for-4
NEWS AND NOTES
Aberdeen has now taken 6 out of 8 games from Lowell
Fregia put up the first inside-the-park homerun for Aberdeen in six years.
With 7 games to go, Aberdeen is tied for the McNamara Division lead with Brooklyn and Hudson Valley
IronBirds at Lowell Spinners - 7:05 on Tuesday, August 27th
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 27, 2019
- Spikes Fall to Black Bears, 6-3, in Extras - State College Spikes
- Spikes Steal Two Games in Series at State College - West Virginia Black Bears
- Cyclones Fall in Extras, 3-2 - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Tigers Fall to Hudson Valley in Shutout - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Vermont Wins 3-2 In Extras At Brooklyn - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Newest Renegades Do the Trick Over Tigers - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Aberdeen Drops Series Finale - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Cutters Schedule Doubleheader Tomorrow - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Tigers Add Catcher from GCL - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Crosscutters Rise and Shine in Morning Game Blowout at Batavia - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Fregia's Inside-the-Park Homerun Fuels Aberdeen Victory - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Peroni Homers in Loss to Scrappers - Auburn Doubledays
- Scrappers Final Regular Season Homestand August 28-September 2 - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Pizza Rats Win Pitcher's Duel over Aberdeen to Take Final Game of Series - Staten Island Yankees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Aberdeen IronBirds Stories
- Movie Night 2: Casper the Friendly Ghost Visits Leidos Field at Ripken Stadium
- Watch Toy Story 4 on the Grass at Leidos Field at Ripken Stadium
- Aberdeen IronBirds to Host Fans for Crabs and a Game of Catch
- MLB and MiLB 2020 Season Decision
- IronBirds and Local Sponsors to Hold Fireworks Show for the 4th of July