Tigers Fall to Hudson Valley in Shutout
Wappinger Falls, NY - Marco Jimenez (Loss, 3-2) pitched five innings with one run allowed, but the Connecticut Tigers (33-37) fell by a final score of 3-0 to the Hudson Valley Renegades (40-29). Jimenez allowed five hits with two walks and two strikeouts in the contest.
Garrett Hiott got the Renegades on the board in the fifth inning to make it 1-0 with an RBI groundout. Jimenez worked out of a jam to get the Tigers out of the inning.
Eliezer Alfonzo, Kona Quiggle and Nick Quintana delivered the only three hits of the game for Connecticut. Alfonzo and Quiggle each finished 1-for-3 with a single, and Quintana finished 1-for-4 with a double.
Austin Bergner pitched two scoreless innings of relief for the Tigers to keep the deficit at 1-0. Jayden Murray (Win, 1-0) pitched six scoreless innings with one hit and 10 strikeouts for Hudson Valley. This was the New York-Penn League debut for Murray.
Hudson Valley added insurance in the ninth inning with two runs in the frame. With the bases loaded, Ben Troike drove in Hill Alexander to make it 2-0. Greg Jones walked later in the inning to bring home a run with the bases full.
Ryan Jackson (Save, 1) pitched three scoreless innings to hold on to the victory. Jackson totaled no runs on two hits with one strikeout in his outing.
The Connecticut Tigers will be back in action tomorrow in the next part of their six game road trip when the head to Vermont to take on the Lake Monsters. You can catch all the action at Dodd Stadium on the Norwich Courtyard by Marriott Connecticut Tigers Radio Network on 1310 WICH. Elijah Gonzalez will have the call. First pitch is scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
The Connecticut Tigers are the New York-Penn League affiliate of the Detroit Tigers at Dodd Stadium in Norwich, Connecticut. 2019 individual game tickets, season memberships for "The Club", mini plans, and team merchandise are on sale now! The front office and box office are open daily from 9 am to 5 pm Monday through Friday and can be accessed in person, online at www.cttigers.com, or by calling (860) 887-7962.
• Discuss this story on the New York-Penn League message board...
New York-Penn League Stories from August 27, 2019
- Spikes Fall to Black Bears, 6-3, in Extras - State College Spikes
- Spikes Steal Two Games in Series at State College - West Virginia Black Bears
- Cyclones Fall in Extras, 3-2 - Brooklyn Cyclones
- Tigers Fall to Hudson Valley in Shutout - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Vermont Wins 3-2 In Extras At Brooklyn - Vermont Lake Monsters
- Newest Renegades Do the Trick Over Tigers - Hudson Valley Renegades
- Aberdeen Drops Series Finale - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Cutters Schedule Doubleheader Tomorrow - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Tigers Add Catcher from GCL - Norwich Sea Unicorns
- Crosscutters Rise and Shine in Morning Game Blowout at Batavia - Williamsport Crosscutters
- Fregia's Inside-the-Park Homerun Fuels Aberdeen Victory - Aberdeen IronBirds
- Peroni Homers in Loss to Scrappers - Auburn Doubledays
- Scrappers Final Regular Season Homestand August 28-September 2 - Mahoning Valley Scrappers
- Pizza Rats Win Pitcher's Duel over Aberdeen to Take Final Game of Series - Staten Island Yankees
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Norwich Sea Unicorns Stories
- Norwich Sea Unicorns and Minor League Baseball Statements Regarding 2020 Minor League Baseball Season
- Sea Unicorns to Celebrate Pi Day March 13th & 14th
- 2020 CT Military All-Star Nominations Now Open
- Congressman Joe Courtney and Norwich Mayor Peter Nystrom to Hold Press Conference at Dodd Stadium Monday, February 3rd
- Norwich Sea Unicorns Announce 2020 Coaching Staff