Colts Beat by Wolves in Physical Match-Up
The Barrie Colts were on the road this afternoon in their third game of the weekend taking on the Sudbury Wolves in a central division match-up. Arturs Silovs got the start in goal and Vladislav Dvurchenskii got the call up to play in his first OHL game today for the Colts.
In the first period it was defenceman Tyler Tucker striking first on a hard wrist shot from the slot. Victor Hadfield got the assist. After that it would be David Levin scoring for the Wolves during 4 on 4 play to tie the game up. Tucker would respond though with another hard wrist shot that was originally stopped, but Sudbury defenceman Isaak Phillips accidentally kicked in the rebound. Ryan Del Monte and Christopher Cameron got the assists on Tucker's second of the period. Then it was Matej Pekar squeaking one through Sudbury goaltender Christian Purboo to end the period with the Colts up 3-1. Jason Willms and Tyson Foerster got the assists.
Isaak Phillips would avenge his own-goal with an early goal in the second period after a nice cross-crease pass from Emmett Serenstis. After that it was Chase Stillman with a nifty move putting the puck through his legs and around the Colts defenceman, before passing it to Shane Bulitka to tap it in. The second period ended with the score tied 3-3.
In the third period it was David Levin scoring again after a pass from top NHL draft prospect Quinton Byfield, giving the Wolves a one goal lead. Late in the frame the Colts would pull their goalie, but Byfield would steal the puck and score on a breakaway to seal the victory for Sudbury.
The Colts are back in action on Friday on the road against the Kingston Frontenacs.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 8, 2019
- Firebirds Win Sunday, Earn Four-Of-Six Points on Weekend Road Trip - Flint Firebirds
- 'Birds Beat Battalion - North Bay Battalion
- Five-Goal First Puts Hounds Ahead for Good - Soo Greyhounds
- 67's Clinch Second Alexandra Cup Victory in as Many Years with Their Ninth Consecutive Win - Ottawa 67's
- Colts Beat by Wolves in Physical Match-Up - Barrie Colts
- Washkurak Makes Bears Fly - Mississauga Steelheads
- Gaudreau Saves 44 Shots, Sarnia Defeats Erie 6-3 - Erie Otters
- Fronts Fall to Petes in Second Game of Back to Back - Kingston Frontenacs
- Chayka and Steklov Representing Russia at World Junior A Challenge - Guelph Storm
- Preview: Firebirds Wrap-Up Road Trip in North Bay Sunday - Flint Firebirds
- Petes Get Revenge against Frontenacs - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.