Petes Get Revenge against Frontenacs
(Peterborough, ON) - The Peterborough Petes got back into the win column on Saturday night with a 3-1 defeat of the same Kingston Frontenacs that ended their five game winning streak just one night earlier. The victory improves Peterborough's record to 21-7-1-1.
The Petes responded with three unanswered goals after the Frontenacs opened scoring in the first period, with Nick Robertson (21), Zach Gallant (15), and Cameron Butler (9) each scoring. Gallant's goal was his league-leading sixth game winner of the season.
Semyon Der-Arguchintsev recorded two assists, marking his fifth straight game with at least one helper. Declan Chisholm, Michael Little, and Jacob Paquette all recorded single assists.
Final shots were 42-27 in favour of the Petes, with Hunter Jones making 26 saves in his 19th win of the season and 50th of his OHL career. Peterborough's fifth ranked power play was 1/7 and their fifth ranked penalty kill was 9/10.
The Petes are off Sunday before preparing for their third consecutive three-in-three weekend. They'll play at the Peterborough Memorial Centre on Thursday, December 12 against the Hamilton Bulldogs and on Saturday, December 14 against the Niagara IceDogs, with both games starting at 7:05pm. They'll visit the Oshawa Generals on Friday, December 13 at 7:35pm.
Tickets for all regular season home games are available through the PMC Grant Thornton Box Office in person and over the phone at (705) 743-3561 Monday to Friday from 9:30am to 5:00pm, and 24 hours a day online.
• Discuss this story on the Ontario Hockey League message board...
Ontario Hockey League Stories from December 8, 2019
- Firebirds Win Sunday, Earn Four-Of-Six Points on Weekend Road Trip - Flint Firebirds
- 'Birds Beat Battalion - North Bay Battalion
- Five-Goal First Puts Hounds Ahead for Good - Soo Greyhounds
- 67's Clinch Second Alexandra Cup Victory in as Many Years with Their Ninth Consecutive Win - Ottawa 67's
- Colts Beat by Wolves in Physical Match-Up - Barrie Colts
- Washkurak Makes Bears Fly - Mississauga Steelheads
- Gaudreau Saves 44 Shots, Sarnia Defeats Erie 6-3 - Erie Otters
- Fronts Fall to Petes in Second Game of Back to Back - Kingston Frontenacs
- Chayka and Steklov Representing Russia at World Junior A Challenge - Guelph Storm
- Preview: Firebirds Wrap-Up Road Trip in North Bay Sunday - Flint Firebirds
- Petes Get Revenge against Frontenacs - Peterborough Petes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Peterborough Petes Stories
- Sportsnet's Sam Cosentino to Headline Thursday Night Live Presented by Subway, Week 11
- Nick Robertson Named to 2021 U.S. National Junior Team Preliminary Roster
- Peterborough Petes Recognize Logan Burns as this Week's Local Minor Hockey Volunteer
- Dylan Wells, Dave and Scott Roche Headline Thursday Night Live Week 10 Presented by Subway
- Peterborough Petes Recognize Corey White as this Week's Local Minor Hockey Volunteer