Cloutier Signs With Isles, Rudkowsky To Ink PTO
BRIDGEPORT, CT - The American Hockey League's Bridgeport Sound Tigers, top affiliate of the National Hockey League's New York Islanders, have released goaltender Frederic Cloutier from his contract, and he has signed with the big club. The Islanders will dress Cloutier as the backup to Wade Dubielewicz when they visit the Carolina Hurricanes Friday. The Sound Tigers plan to sign goaltender Cody Rudkowsky from the ECHL's Reading Royals to a professional tryout contract.
Cloutier, 24, signed an AHL contract with the Sound Tigers this summer and was loaned to the ECHL's Pensacola Ice Pilots after training camp. The 6'0'' 185-pounder from Saint-Honore, Quebec is 5-6-2 with a 3.75 goals against average and .910 save percentage in 14 ECHL appearances with Pensacola, as well as 1-1 with a 2.15 goals against average and .938 save percentage in three AHL appearances for the Sound Tigers this season. Cloutier made 30 saves to post the first AHL shutout of his career and earn the first star of the game in the Sound Tigers' 1-0 home win over the Philadelphia Phantoms Wednesday.
Rudkowsky, 27, is 12-2-1 with a 2.45 goals against average, .918 save percentage, one shutout, two assists and eight penalty minutes in 15 ECHL games with Reading this season. The 6'1'' 201-pounder from Willingdon, Alberta was the ECHL Saver of the Month for November and was recently named a starter on the American Conference Team for the 2006 ECHL All-Star Game that will be played in Fresno, California on January 25th. Rudkowsky has played most of the past two seasons (2003-05) with the Royals. He also played for the AHL's Providence Bruins last year and Worcester IceCats from 1999 through 2004, as well as the ECHL's Peoria Rivermen from 1999 through 2002 and Trenton Titans in 2002-03. Rudkowsky appeared in one NHL game with the St. Louis Blues in 2002-03 as well.
Unbeaten-in-regulation in their last six games at 5-0-0-1 and on a four-game winning streak, the Sound Tigers will continue a five-game homestand versus the Hershey Bears this Friday at 7:35 p.m., the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins this Sunday at 1:05 p.m. and the Hartford Wolf Pack next Wednesday, January 11th at 7:35 p.m.
All Sound Tigers games are web-cast live at www.soundtigers.com. Fans can also watch all games live on the B2 Networks. Information about Sound Tigers ticket packages and promotions is available by calling 203-334-GOAL or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 5, 2006
- Admirals Topple Stars - Milwaukee Admirals
- Rampage fall to Aeros - San Antonio Rampage
- Eighth straight Aeros win features O'Sullivan hat trick - Houston Aeros
- Boston Returns Nickulas to P-Bruins - Providence Bruins
- Six-Game Homestand Begins with Live Music and Two Old Rivals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Flames Re-Assign Regehr to Omaha - Abbotsford Heat
- Families Eat For Free At Next Friday's Monarchs Game - Manchester Monarchs
- Joe Nemechek to Sign Autographs for Fans - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Mathers, Marshall inducted into AHL Hall of Fame - Hershey Bears
- Francisco Signs PTO With Monarchs - Manchester Monarchs
- Aaron Johnson and Joe Motzko To Sign Autographs at Coleman's - Syracuse Crunch
- AHL announces 2006 inductees into American Hockey League Hall of Fame - AHL
- Bissonnette Back In Wilkes-Barre - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Petiot Is The Latest Monarchs Player To Get The Call From LA - Manchester Monarchs
- Cloutier Signs With Isles, Rudkowsky To Ink PTO - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Ak-Sar-Ben Knights To Hold Kansas Speedway Night - Abbotsford Heat
- Kolarik, Konsorada to Sign Autographs - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Detail Plans for Friday's "Whalers Appreciation Night" - Connecticut Whale
- Monarchs Send Up Petiot, Sign On Barr - Manchester Monarchs
- Rampage GameDay - San Antonio Rampage
- Rampage Sign Dube to P.T.O. - San Antonio Rampage
- Admirals Announce Friday Night Live Five, Plus One - Milwaukee Admirals
- Blackhawks Call Up Yakubov - Norfolk Admirals
- Aeros Gameday Update - Houston Aeros
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- Vande Sompel scores one goal and adds an assist in his home province; Bridgeport extends point streak to eight games
- Toews scores in regulation, Bellows nets shootout winner in Laval on Friday
- Sound Tigers Finish Road Trip North of the Border
- Islanders Recall Dal Colle, Gionta
- Fritz scores twice in overtime loss at Hartford