Clips Crush Legends
FRISCO, TX- The Agua Caliente Clippers (12-12) blow past the Texas Legends (13-12), 125-84, on Friday night, to return to .500 on the season.
After an average first half in which the Clippers finished with an 11-point lead, they came out of the break on another gear, dominating on both ends of the floor. Creating 14 turnovers in the second half and knocking down 58 percent of their field goal attempts (29-for-50), including nine of their 22 shots from distance, Agua Caliente extended their advantage to a season-high of 41 points, the largest margin of victory in franchise history and by any team this season, and cruised their way to the finish line.
Mfiondu Kabengele led all scorers with 28 points on an efficient 11-of-16 shooting form the field for the Clippers. Terrance Mann added a double-double, scoring 14 points and pulling down a career-high 15 rebounds.
The Legends were paced by Moses Brown's 19 points off the bench.
Agua Caliente returns home on Sunday afternoon for a divisional matchup against the Stockton Kings. The game is slated to tip-off at 3 p.m. PST inside the Toyota Arena in Ontario, CA.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 18, 2020
- Big Fourth Quarter Not Enough to Take Down Magic - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers Win Streak Snapped by Texas at Home - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Jared Harper Ties Team Record in Suns' Loss to Skyforce - Northern Arizona Suns
- Charge Draw Even with Raptors - Cleveland Charge
- Magic Hold on for Thrilling Home Win over Wolves - Lakeland Magic
- Bulls Go Down in Erie, 100-99 - Windy City Bulls
- Stars Fall to Knicks - Salt Lake City Stars
- Hall Paces Knicks in Win over Western Conference Leaders - Westchester Knicks
- Back to Business for Two-Way Player Paul Watson Jr. - Raptors 905
- Clips Crush Legends - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Oklahoma City Blue Cruise Past Stockton Kings 149-117 - Stockton Kings
- Ike Nwamu Shines Again as NAZ Suns Keep on Winning - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario Stories
- Clips Snap Losing Streak Behind Boston's Career Night
- Agua Caliente Clippers Relocate Next Two Home Games to Staples Center
- LAC Duo Shines again as Caliente Fall to Blue
- Clips Fall to Red-Hot Blue Despite Ibaka's Big Night
- Scrubb's 19 Not Enough as Clips Fall to Kings