Magic Hold on for Thrilling Home Win over Wolves
The Lakeland Magic, NBA G League affiliate of the Orlando Magic, defeat the Iowa Wolves 118-115 in front of a home crowd at the RP Funding Center.
It was a back and forth contest to start the game with the Magic taking a 33-32 lead into the second quarter of play. Michale Kyser was explosive for the Magic scoring 11 points in the first. The Magic got a boost in the second quarter and would secure a 16-point lead heading into the locker room at the half. Rowsey was a key contributor scoring 16 points in the second quarter and 18 points in the half.
Lakeland held the same momentum in the second half and increased the lead to 28 points on a dunk by Michale Kyser with 4:11 remaining in the third. The Wolves went on an 11-0 run late in the quarter but the Magic would take a 95-78 lead into the final quarter of play. The Wolves fought back in the fourth but couldn't overtake the Magic for the final score 118-115.
Two Way Player, Vic Law finished with 24 points, 8 rebounds, and 3 assists. Melvin Frazier Jr., on assignment from Orlando, posted 23 points and 9 rebounds. Josh Magette had a double-double with 21 points and 10 assists. Andrew Rowsey came off the bench to score 21 points and 4 rebounds. Michale Kyser scored 15 points and 6 rebounds.
For the Wolves, Lindell Wigginton scored 21 points, 5 rebounds, and 4 assists. Jaylen Nowell, on assignment from Minnesota, posted 18 points and 4 rebounds. Two-Way Player, Kelan Martin scored 18 points and 4 rebounds. Barry Brown Jr. was just shy of the double-double with 17 points and 9 rebounds. Tyus Battle posted 13 points.
The Lakeland Magic head to Mississauga, Ontario to take on the Raptors 905 on Monday, January 20. Tip-off at the Paramount Fine Foods Centre is set for 7:30 PM. The game will be available on NBAGLeague.com.
Lakeland Magic single-game tickets and group tickets are available now. For ticket information, visit lakelandmagic.com or call 863.825.3258.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 18, 2020
- Big Fourth Quarter Not Enough to Take Down Magic - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers Win Streak Snapped by Texas at Home - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Jared Harper Ties Team Record in Suns' Loss to Skyforce - Northern Arizona Suns
- Charge Draw Even with Raptors - Canton Charge
- Magic Hold on for Thrilling Home Win over Wolves - Lakeland Magic
- Bulls Go Down in Erie, 100-99 - Windy City Bulls
- Stars Fall to Knicks - Salt Lake City Stars
- Hall Paces Knicks in Win over Western Conference Leaders - Westchester Knicks
- Back to Business for Two-Way Player Paul Watson Jr. - Raptors 905
- Clips Crush Legends - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Oklahoma City Blue Cruise Past Stockton Kings 149-117 - Stockton Kings
- Ike Nwamu Shines Again as NAZ Suns Keep on Winning - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lakeland Magic Stories
- Lakeland Magic Host Virtual 5K
- Lakeland Magic Virtual Sellout to Fight Local Hunger
- Johnson, Magette and Law Named to All-NBA G League Teams
- NBA G League Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- DeVos Family Pledges up to $2 Million for Magic and Amway Center Hourly Workers