Big Fourth Quarter Not Enough to Take Down Magic
Lakeland, Fla. - The Iowa Wolves (12-15) came back from 19 points down to start the fourth quarter before losing 118-115 Saturday evening to the Lakeland Magic (14-12) on the road.
Lindell Wigginton posted his second-straight 20-plus point game, totaling a team-high 21 points on 9-of-13 shooting from the field. The former Cyclone also shot 3-of-4 from deep and tallied five rebounds and four assists off the bench for Iowa.
The Wolves bench outscored the Magic's second unit by a margin of 71-30 on the night.
Barry Brown Jr. added 17 points and a team-high nine rebounds while playing alongside Wigginton and the second rotation.
Two-way player Kelan Martin and Minnesota Timberwolves assignee Jaylen Nowell each finished with 18 points and four rebounds apiece.
As a team the Wolves shot 41.7% (15-of-36) from beyond the arc and 47.3% (44-of-93) from the field.
Three of Lakeland's five starters finished with over 20 points, led by a 24-point effort from two-way forward Vic Law. NBA G League veteran Josh Magette added 21 points and 10 assists for his eighth double-double of the season.
Iowa continues its three-game road trip Monday afternoon with a 4:00 p.m. CT tipoff against the Greensboro Swarm.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 18, 2020
- Big Fourth Quarter Not Enough to Take Down Magic - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers Win Streak Snapped by Texas at Home - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Jared Harper Ties Team Record in Suns' Loss to Skyforce - Northern Arizona Suns
- Charge Draw Even with Raptors - Canton Charge
- Magic Hold on for Thrilling Home Win over Wolves - Lakeland Magic
- Bulls Go Down in Erie, 100-99 - Windy City Bulls
- Stars Fall to Knicks - Salt Lake City Stars
- Hall Paces Knicks in Win over Western Conference Leaders - Westchester Knicks
- Back to Business for Two-Way Player Paul Watson Jr. - Raptors 905
- Clips Crush Legends - Agua Caliente Clippers
- Oklahoma City Blue Cruise Past Stockton Kings 149-117 - Stockton Kings
- Ike Nwamu Shines Again as NAZ Suns Keep on Winning - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Iowa Wolves Stories
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Andrew Andrews in Trade with Blue Coats
- Iowa Acquires Returning Rights to Alex Robinson in Trade with Santa Cruz
- Wolves Acquire Returning Player Rights to Braian Angola-Rodas and 2020 NBA G League First Round Draft Pick in Trade with Magic
- Timberwolves Recall Jacob Evans III and Jarred Vanderbilt from G League Affiliate Iowa Wolves
- Lakers Come from Behind Victory Spoils Brown's Big Day