Hall Paces Knicks in Win over Western Conference Leaders
WHITE PLAINS, NY - Tyler Hall of the Westchester Knicks, the official NBA G League affiliate of the New York Knicks, registered a career-high 24 points as the Knicks knocked off Western Conference leaders, Salt Lake City Stars, 108-104, Saturday afternoon at Westchester County Center.
Hall fired off four triples in the first half of action to pace all at the break with 21 points. The rookie shot 57.1-percent from deep and 66.7-percent from the field, to help Westchester (12-13) to a slight three-point lead after 24 minutes, 51-48.
The Knicks retained their advantage through the third quarter charging a five-point deficit to the Stars (17-7) , 77-72. Such momentum became more apparent evidenced by the 6-0 run Westchester put up to roll out the fourth quarter's opening minute. Hall and VJ King each swished a trey to put the hosts up by its largest lead at that point, 83-72.
The Stars answered, making it a one possession game over the contest's next two minutes, on the tail end of a Kyle Collinsworth putback, 83-82. Westchester responded recording is largest lead of the afternoon, 99-84, at the 5:38 mark.
Relentless, Salt Lake City managed to claw its way back in waning time down just a pair with 15 ticks pictured on the clock. In need of a possession, the Stars sent Kadeem Allen to the charity stripe where converted both to push the Knicks back up four. With the clock against them, the visitors were unable to cash in on their ensuing set and settled for the four-point setback.
Hall's 24-point career-performance was complimented by five long balls, one short of his career-high, as a reserve. Two-Way player Kenny Wooten raised for a game-high six rejections, his fourth game with at least that much.
For the foe, Jarrell Brantley posted 26 points, on 52.6-percent. Collinsworth added a double-double comprised of 16 points and a game-best 15 boards. Deonte Burton contributed 18 points off the bench.
Westchester rounds out a back-to-back versus the Capital City Go-Go, tomorrow at 3 PM.
Tyler Hall Nets Career-High in Knicks Win - https://youtu.be/oZgJ0qs4bMY
For information on Knicks' season ticket packages, fans may visit www.WestchesterKnicks.com or contact the sales office at (914) 559-6889 or at email@example.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 18, 2020
- Big Fourth Quarter Not Enough to Take Down Magic - Iowa Wolves
- Vipers Win Streak Snapped by Texas at Home - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Jared Harper Ties Team Record in Suns' Loss to Skyforce - Northern Arizona Suns
- Charge Draw Even with Raptors - Cleveland Charge
- Magic Hold on for Thrilling Home Win over Wolves - Lakeland Magic
- Bulls Go Down in Erie, 100-99 - Windy City Bulls
- Stars Fall to Knicks - Salt Lake City Stars
- Hall Paces Knicks in Win over Western Conference Leaders - Westchester Knicks
- Back to Business for Two-Way Player Paul Watson Jr. - Raptors 905
- Clips Crush Legends - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Oklahoma City Blue Cruise Past Stockton Kings 149-117 - Stockton Kings
- Ike Nwamu Shines Again as NAZ Suns Keep on Winning - Northern Arizona Suns
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Westchester Knicks Stories
- Knicks Acquire NBA Veteran Allen Crabbe; Waive Griffin
- High Octane Offensive Contest Favors Celtics over Knicks
- Knicks Blast Celtics 126-99 for Second Straight Home Victory
- Fort Wayne Overwhelms Westchester
- Knicks Secure First Victory of Regular Season, Conquer Cruise 110-105