Clippers Coast Past Stockton Behind 28 From Darling
Stockton, CA - The Agua Caliente Clippers (2-0) cruise to victory on Friday night, defeating the Stockton Kings (2-2) 106-91 at Stockton Arena.
Shevon Thompson pulled down 22 rebounds for the Clippers, matching the most this year by any G League player in both the Showcase and Regular Season.
Stockton started the game hot, taking a 9-0 lead and had their biggest lead of the game of eleven, 19-8 in the first quarter. Nate took down Stockton's lead to two at the end of the first quarter. The Clippers started the second quarter strong and went on a 13-2 run, leading 34-27. Kings forward Louis King and center Emmanuel Terry led Stockton in the half with eight points apiece. Terry also had seven rebounds in the first half. Kings guard Jahmi'us Ramsey scored seven points, and two assists in the first half while Agua Caliente forward Nate Darling led the half with 13 points and two assists. Stockton entered the break trailing 47-40.
Agua Caliente remained in control in the second half and never looked back with strong performances by Darling with 28 points, and center Moses Wright with 18 points. Agua Caliente's biggest lead was 23 points when they led 100-77 in the fourth quarter with guard Jordan Ford and forward Malik Dunbar both contributing 14 points each off the bench. The Clippers shot .441 percent from the field, .333 percent from three and .700 percent from the free throw line.
Kings Ramsey finished as Stockton's leading scorer with 23 points, and 7-of-18 shooting from the field, along with four rebounds. Terry scored 14 points, shooting 6-of-13 from the field while grabbing 14 rebounds. Forwards King and Ade Murkey both finished the game with points in double figures, 12 and 11 points respectively. The Kings shot .376 percent from the field, .312 percent from three, and .714 percent from the free throw line.
The Clippers look to continue their undefeated regular season but have a short turnaround as they return home to host the Rio Grande Valley Vipers in the tail-end of a back-to-back Saturday night. Tip off is at 7 p.m. PT inside the Toyota Arena in Ontario, Calif.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 15, 2022
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Texas Legends, 136-132 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Force Drops 113-105 Contest to Hustle - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Greensboro Swarm Defeated by Capital City Go-Go - Greensboro Swarm
- Mad Ant Defense Hounds Westchester - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Special Olympics Takeover Tonight, Driven by Toyota - Texas Legends
- Maine Celtics Charge Past Cleveland - Maine Celtics
- Stars to Host Lakers at Bruin Arena on February 17 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Indiana Pacers Assign Goga Bitadze and Isaiah Jackson to the Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Maine Celtics Coach Takes Leave - Maine Celtics
- The Journey Continues: Chalmers Ready to Help Lead Skyforce, Show He Still Has 'It' - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Clippers Coast Past Stockton Behind 28 From Darling - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Clippers Coast to 106-91 Victory over the Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Moody's Fourth-Quarter Frenzy Falls Short in Texas - Texas Legends
- Stars Shine in Victory over Lakers - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario Stories
- Clippers Skirt by Wolves in OT behind Darling's Heroics
- Red-Hot Clippers Cruise Past Sioux Falls
- Clippers Suffer First Loss of the Season to Kings
- Clippers Sail Past Warriors To Stay Undefeated
- Seven Players in Double Figures as Clippers Cruise past Iowa