Moody's Fourth-Quarter Frenzy Falls Short in Texas
FRISCO, TX - Moses Moody powered out a 20-point performance in the fourth, but the rally efforts fell short as the Texas Legends (1-1) handed the Santa Cruz Warriors (3-1) their first loss of the regular season 126-121.
The two teams kept it close for the first 12 minutes ending in a tie after a Feron Hunt layup made it 26-all. The visitors took control in the second, taking their largest lead of the night (+8) midway through. Texas answered with 10-straight to swing the lead and the momentum with a 22-7 run to halftime.
Texas opened the third with an outside jumper from Justin Jackson to make it a double-digit gap, but Santa Cruz found their footing outside late, knocking down 57% to cut the difference to eight at the buzzer. Olin Carter opened the fourth in similar fashion, putting Texas back into double-digit control, but Moody had other plans. The Golden State assignee hit 4-of-5 outside en route to 20 fourth-quarter points, bringing the Warriors within three with under 90 seconds to play. Three straight Warriors misses combined with a two-point boost from Carlik Jones at the charity stripe to seal the victory for the Legends.
Jones made his return to Texas known with 23 points, 5 rebounds, and 10 assists. Jackson, also in his first game back from NBA Call-Ups, posted 23 points, 8 rebounds, and 3 assists. DeJon Jarreau added another double-double for Texas with 23 points, 10 assists, and 5 rebounds. Hunt finished with 17 points, 9 rebounds, and Carter came off the bench to round out the double-digits with 16 points, 3 rebounds. Tyler Davis made his Legends debut and tallied 8 points, 8 rebounds, 5 assists, and 3 blocks in 22 minutes off the bench.
Moody led all scorers, finishing 6-of-10 outside for 32 points, 6 rebounds. Frankie Ferrari dished out a game-high 16 assists and grabbed 8 boards, and LJ Figueroa added on 25 points, 9 rebounds.
The two teams will rematch tomorrow night at 7:30pm CT. For tickets or information call 214-469-0822 or visit www.TexLegends.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from January 15, 2022
- Santa Cruz Warriors Fall to Texas Legends, 136-132 - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Force Drops 113-105 Contest to Hustle - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Greensboro Swarm Defeated by Capital City Go-Go - Greensboro Swarm
- Mad Ant Defense Hounds Westchester - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Special Olympics Takeover Tonight, Driven by Toyota - Texas Legends
- Maine Celtics Charge Past Cleveland - Maine Celtics
- Stars to Host Lakers at Bruin Arena on February 17 - Salt Lake City Stars
- Indiana Pacers Assign Goga Bitadze and Isaiah Jackson to the Mad Ants - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Maine Celtics Coach Takes Leave - Maine Celtics
- The Journey Continues: Chalmers Ready to Help Lead Skyforce, Show He Still Has 'It' - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Clippers Coast Past Stockton Behind 28 From Darling - Agua Caliente Clippers of Ontario
- Clippers Coast to 106-91 Victory over the Stockton Kings - Stockton Kings
- Moody's Fourth-Quarter Frenzy Falls Short in Texas - Texas Legends
- Stars Shine in Victory over Lakers - Salt Lake City Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.