Cizikas Agrees to Entry-Level Contract
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - The New York Islanders announced today that Casey Cizikas has agreed to terms on an entry-level contract.
Cizikas, 20, scored a career-high 64 points (29 goals, 35 assists) in 52 games this season for the Mississauga St. Michael's Majors of the Ontario Hockey League, ranking third on the team in scoring. The Toronto, ON, native also scored 19 points and a team-high 14 assists in 16 OHL playoff games, tying for second place on the team in post-season scoring and seventh place in the league. Cizikas added two goals and one assist in five games during the 2011 Memorial Cup, as Mississauga fell to the Saint John Sea Dogs in the Finals.
On the international stage, Cizikas played for Team Canada at the 2011 IIHF World Junior Championship in Buffalo, NY. He scored two goals with one assist in seven games to help his country earn a silver medal.
The Islanders selected Cizikas in the fourth round (92nd overall) of the 2009 NHL Entry Draft. In four seasons with Mississauga, the 6'0", 185-pound forward totaled 88 goals and 115 assists for 203 points in 237 games as well as 45 points (18 goals, 27 assists) in 47 OHL playoff games.
Be sure to follow the Sound Tigers on Twitter and become a fan of the Sound Tigers on Facebook. For information on partial or season ticket plans for the 2011-12 season, call the Sound Tigers at (203) 334-GOAL or e-mail [email protected]
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 31, 2011
- Preview: Aeros-Senators Calder Cup Finals Game 3 - Houston Aeros
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Defenseman Sami Vatanen - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Announce "Thrilling 30" Contest - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Kings Sign Deslauriers to Entry-Level Contract - Manchester Monarchs
- American Hockey League Graduates Set to Battle for Lord Stanley's Cup - AHL
- Cizikas Agrees to Entry-Level Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Amerks and Knighthawks 2011 Summer Camps Now Open for Registration - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Ink Three to AHL Deals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Additional Black and Gold Tickets Available Wednesday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- TNSE Launches "Drive to 13,000" to Secure NHL Franchise in Winnipeg - Manitoba Moose
- Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Club Takes Over Ticket Sales - Hamilton Bulldogs
- AHL Statement Regarding True North Sports & Entertainment Announcement - AHL
- David Gilbert One of Three Signed by Chicago - Rockford IceHogs
- Screech Update - Mascot a Hit in Memorial Day Parade - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- AHL Cancels Remainder of 2019-20 Season
- Bolduc, Brubacher Agree to Terms
- Gibson Named Bridgeport's 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty AHL Man of the Year
- Statement from the Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Bellows, St. Denis each score twice and Gibson makes 44 saves on Wednesday