Screech Update - Mascot a Hit in Memorial Day Parade
Springfield, MA - The Springfield Falcons, proud members of the American Hockey League, continued their 2011 Screech Tour on Monday, May 30 with the team's official mascot taking part in the annual Memorial Day Parade in Ludlow, MA.
It's been a very busy off-season thus far for the Falcons and Screech as the team started their very first "Spot Screech" promotion on May 18 using their Official Facebook Page to give away random prizes.
On May 18 and May 23, Screech was stationed in high traffic areas, promoting the Falcons brand and interacting with individuals at each stop on the tour. At each location Screech visits, photos are added to the Falcons' Official Facebook Page highlighting his appearance. Fans are given an opportunity to guess where Screech is visiting and one random winner is chosen from each week's correct entries to win a prize pack.
Screech's tour continues this week as he will visit local Relay 4 Life events on Friday, June 3 and Saturday, June 4. The "Spot Screech Promotion" continues on June 6, June 13 and June 20. Locations for Screech's visits will randomly be selected throughout the surrounding Pioneer Valley and Northern Connecticut communities.
Ticket packages for the 2011-12 season are currently on sale and can be purchased by calling the Falcons Office at 413-739-3344. The Falcons offer a variety of flexible ticket options including: full season plans, 22-game packages, 14-game plans and 7-game packages. Each package includes flexible payment plans and exclusive invites to special events held throughout the season.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 31, 2011
- Preview: Aeros-Senators Calder Cup Finals Game 3 - Houston Aeros
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Defenseman Sami Vatanen - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Announce "Thrilling 30" Contest - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Kings Sign Deslauriers to Entry-Level Contract - Manchester Monarchs
- American Hockey League Graduates Set to Battle for Lord Stanley's Cup - AHL
- Cizikas Agrees to Entry-Level Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Amerks and Knighthawks 2011 Summer Camps Now Open for Registration - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Ink Three to AHL Deals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Additional Black and Gold Tickets Available Wednesday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- TNSE Launches "Drive to 13,000" to Secure NHL Franchise in Winnipeg - Manitoba Moose
- Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Club Takes Over Ticket Sales - Hamilton Bulldogs
- AHL Statement Regarding True North Sports & Entertainment Announcement - AHL
- David Gilbert One of Three Signed by Chicago - Rockford IceHogs
- Screech Update - Mascot a Hit in Memorial Day Parade - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.