Admirals Ink Three to AHL Deals
Milwaukee, WI-The Milwaukee Admirals announced today that they have signed forwards Mark Van Guilder and Joel Champagne and defenseman Jeff Foss to American Hockey League contracts.
Van Guilder will suit up for the Admirals again this coming season after helping them reach the Western Division Finals last year. Following his best statistical season with the Admirals, where he posted ten goals and seven assists in 62 games, the Notre Dame alum contributed three goals and three assists in 13 playoff contests. Van Guilder split time with the Admirals and Cincinnati Cyclones in 2009-10 and was an essential piece of the ECHL team that won the Kelly Cup.
Foss will also be returning to the Admirals after skating in five games with the organization last year following the conclusion of his four-year career at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. The defenseman recorded three goals, 11 assists and led the team in penalty minutes during his senior season. Throughout his four years, Foss skated in every R.P.I. contest.
Champagne is coming off his most efficient season of his junior career, posting over a point per game with the Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL. The 21 year-old tallied 82 points on 24 goals and 58 assists, which was good for second on the Remparts roster.
Season tickets for the 2011-12 season are on sale now for as little as $135. For more information, or to purchase season tickets, fans should call the Admirals office at (414) 227-0550. Don't forget to follow the Admirals on Twitter (@mkeadmirals) and on Facebook!
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 31, 2011
- Preview: Aeros-Senators Calder Cup Finals Game 3 - Houston Aeros
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Defenseman Sami Vatanen - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Announce "Thrilling 30" Contest - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Kings Sign Deslauriers to Entry-Level Contract - Manchester Monarchs
- American Hockey League Graduates Set to Battle for Lord Stanley's Cup - AHL
- Cizikas Agrees to Entry-Level Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Amerks and Knighthawks 2011 Summer Camps Now Open for Registration - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Ink Three to AHL Deals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Additional Black and Gold Tickets Available Wednesday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- TNSE Launches "Drive to 13,000" to Secure NHL Franchise in Winnipeg - Manitoba Moose
- Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Club Takes Over Ticket Sales - Hamilton Bulldogs
- AHL Statement Regarding True North Sports & Entertainment Announcement - AHL
- David Gilbert One of Three Signed by Chicago - Rockford IceHogs
- Screech Update - Mascot a Hit in Memorial Day Parade - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.