Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Club Takes Over Ticket Sales
HAMILTON, ON - Hamilton Bulldogs Owner and Chairman Michael Andlauer announced today the hockey club has exercised its option to reclaim ticket sales, game operations and marketing responsibilities from Hamilton Entertainment and Convention Facilities Inc. (HECFI), effective immediately. Andlauer also announced the Bulldogs, who have played at Copps Coliseum since 1996, their inaugural season in Hamilton, intend to sign a long-term lease with HECFI as the building's prime tenant.
"There is a great history of Bulldogs' success both on the ice and in the community in the Greater Hamilton Area", said Andlauer. " I am excited about the opportunity to expand our fan base and increase our contributions to this community over the coming years."
"The Bulldogs relationship with HECFI over the past 15 years has been a very positive one for both parties and we are pleased to be discussing the extension of our partnership beyond the current contract period", said HECFI Chief Executive Officer Duncan Gillespie.
"We've secured the future of our Tiger-Cats in Hamilton and we have to do the same for Bulldogs hockey", stated Hamilton Mayor Bob Bratina. " Mr. Andlauer has come up with an affordable solution for hockey fans and taxpayers alike. I want to thank Mr. Andlauer for his personal and corporate commitment to Hamilton."
After winning their second straight North Division Regular Season and Post-Season Championships, the Hamilton Bulldogs' 15th Anniversary Season concluded last Tuesday following a 4-3 loss to the Houston Aeros in Game 7 of the American Hockey League's Western Conference Finals. The 'Dogs became just the third team in the 75-season history of the AHL to force a seventh and deciding game in a best-of-seven Calder Cup Playoff series that they trailed three-games-to-none in.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from May 31, 2011
- Preview: Aeros-Senators Calder Cup Finals Game 3 - Houston Aeros
- Anaheim Ducks Sign Defenseman Sami Vatanen - Syracuse Crunch
- Griffins Announce "Thrilling 30" Contest - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Kings Sign Deslauriers to Entry-Level Contract - Manchester Monarchs
- American Hockey League Graduates Set to Battle for Lord Stanley's Cup - AHL
- Cizikas Agrees to Entry-Level Contract - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Amerks and Knighthawks 2011 Summer Camps Now Open for Registration - Rochester Americans
- Admirals Ink Three to AHL Deals - Milwaukee Admirals
- Additional Black and Gold Tickets Available Wednesday - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- TNSE Launches "Drive to 13,000" to Secure NHL Franchise in Winnipeg - Manitoba Moose
- Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Club Takes Over Ticket Sales - Hamilton Bulldogs
- AHL Statement Regarding True North Sports & Entertainment Announcement - AHL
- David Gilbert One of Three Signed by Chicago - Rockford IceHogs
- Screech Update - Mascot a Hit in Memorial Day Parade - Springfield Falcons
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.