Chihuahuas Bring out Brooms, Win Fifth Straight Overall
The El Paso Chihuahuas beat the San Antonio Missions 14-9 Tuesday to complete a sweep of the team with the best record in the Pacific Coast League. The Chihuahuas have won five consecutive games and are tied for first place with the Las Vegas Aviators with 19 games remaining.
The Chihuahuas sent 12 batters to the plate in the first inning, scoring eight times, all with two outs. The rally included a two-run single by El Paso starting pitcher Jerry Keel. Keel was the winning pitcher Tuesday, the fourth consecutive game El Paso's starter got the win.
Aderlin Rodriguez went 2-for-3 with a double, home run and three RBIs for the Chihuahuas. El Paso won five of the seven games on the homestand. The San Antonio series was El Paso's first sweep since June 4-6 at Iowa.
The Chihuahuas do not play on Wednesday.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/missions-vs-chihuahuas/2019/08/13/579475#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=579475
Team Records: San Antonio (72-49), El Paso (71-50)
Next Game: Thursday, 7:05 pm at Smith's Ballpark. El Paso LHP Dillon Overton (7-5, 6.27) vs. Salt Lake RHP Jaime Barria (3-2, 8.73). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 14, 2019
- Bees Host El Paso in Penultimate 2019 Homestand - Salt Lake Bees
- Aviators Soar Once Again on Road, Return Home Tied for First - Las Vegas Aviators
- Division Title on the Line as Reno Hosts Sacramento this Weekend - Reno Aces
- Fresno Grizzlies Issue Statement - Fresno Grizzlies
- Memphis Redbirds Homestand Highlights (August 15-25) - Memphis Redbirds
- Houston Astros Recall Round Rock Express RHP Cy Sneed - Round Rock Express
- Bullpen falters in series-ending loss to Sounds - Sacramento River Cats
- Read's walk-off double gives Tacos 8-7 win over Redbirds - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Bring out Brooms, Win Fifth Straight Overall - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Completes Comeback Win to Finish Series - Nashville Sounds
- Redbirds Stung in Bottom of the Ninth at Fresno - Memphis Redbirds
- El Paso Completes Sweep of Missions - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.