Read's walk-off double gives Tacos 8-7 win over Redbirds
Fresno, California - In the 100th all-time meeting between the Fresno Tacos (55-66) and Memphis Redbirds (55-66), it was the Tacos who came out on top with an 8-7 walk-off win. The victory snapped Fresno's seven-game losing streak and any chance of a Memphis sweep. Dakota Bacus (5-5) relished the decision after one and one-third frames of scoreless relief. Lefty Chasen Shreve (2-2) ached the defeat.
Raudy Read headlined the Tacos offense with a four-hit and RBI affair. The catcher smashed his 16th homer of the season in the first and would finish the evening with a double to the left-center wall. It was his second walk-off this year (April 8th) and sixth by Fresno overall. Yadiel Hernandez added a pair of hits and runs while Brandon Snyder enjoyed a multi-RBI game.
The Redbirds had two players notch both multi-hit and RBI nights. Edmundo Sosa laced three singles and plated a pair. John Nogowski whacked two hits and RBI while walking three times. Both clubs will have Wednesday off before continuing play on Thursday.
Top Performers: Fresno Tacos (Washington Nationals)
- C Raudy Read (4-4, HR, 2B, 4 RBI, 2 R, BB)
- RF Yadiel Hernandez (2-4, 2B, RBI, 2 R)
- 3B Brandon Snyder (1-4, 2B, 2 RBI)
Top Performers: Memphis Redbirds (St. Louis Cardinals)
- 1B John Nogowski (2-2, 2 RBI, R, 3 BB)
- SS Edmundo Sosa (3-5, 2 RBI, R)
- CF Adolis Garcia (1-4, 3B, 2 RBI, BB)
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) RADIO/TV
Thursday August 15 Tacoma Rainiers (Away) RHP Logan Ondrusek (Fresno) vs. RHP Darren McCaughan (Tacoma) 7:05 p.m. KRDU 1130 AM / MiLB.TV
ON THAT FRES-NOTE: With two walks, Carter Kieboom has now reached base safely in 33 of his last 35 games dating to June 29; the Washington Nationals top-ranked prospect is batting .306 (44-for-144) during that span, with six three-hit games.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 14, 2019
- Bees Host El Paso in Penultimate 2019 Homestand - Salt Lake Bees
- Aviators Soar Once Again on Road, Return Home Tied for First - Las Vegas Aviators
- Division Title on the Line as Reno Hosts Sacramento this Weekend - Reno Aces
- Fresno Grizzlies Issue Statement - Fresno Grizzlies
- Memphis Redbirds Homestand Highlights (August 15-25) - Memphis Redbirds
- Houston Astros Recall Round Rock Express RHP Cy Sneed - Round Rock Express
- Bullpen falters in series-ending loss to Sounds - Sacramento River Cats
- Read's walk-off double gives Tacos 8-7 win over Redbirds - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Bring out Brooms, Win Fifth Straight Overall - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Completes Comeback Win to Finish Series - Nashville Sounds
- Redbirds Stung in Bottom of the Ninth at Fresno - Memphis Redbirds
- El Paso Completes Sweep of Missions - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.