Division Title on the Line as Reno Hosts Sacramento this Weekend
RENO, Nevada - Winners of 15 of their last 20 games, the surging Reno Aces will welcome rival Sacramento to Greater Nevada Field this weekend with the season on the line.
Currently, seven games behind in the division, the Aces (57-64) will open a four-game series against the River Cats (64-57) Thursday. Though just 19 games remain this season, the teams have eight contests scheduled against one another giving the Biggest Little City a shot at the Pacific Northern title.
Not only will fans be treated to exciting Pacific Coast League baseball, but the Aces have put together some promotions for the whole family to enjoy this weekend.
The Aces will take the field as "Los Corazones de Reno" for the final time this season tomorrow night, Thursday, August 15, in celebration of Copa de la Diversión, otherwise known as the "Fun Cup": a season-long MiLB initiative to honor Latino communities. Roberto's Taco Shop is the presenting sponsor of Reno's Copa de la Diversión games this season, along with KOLO 8 News Now and Juan 101.7. FM.
Gates open at 6:05 p.m. PT as Los Corazones de Reno will take on "Los Dorados de Sacramento" with first pitch due at 7:05 p.m. PT. Greater Nevada Field will transform into a fiesta with DJ R.Boogie of Wild 102.9 FM spinning hit music in the Jose Cuervo Tent along with prize giveaways before the game.
Thursday is also Pride Night at Greater Nevada Field! Join family, friends, and supporters of the LGBTQ+ community at the ballpark to watch Los Corazones take on Los Dorados. Be sure to check out our Pride gear in the Biggest Little Team Shop.
The following day, Friday, August 16, is Saint Mary's Fireworks Friday presented by Saint Mary's and KRNV News 4. Gates open at 6:05 p.m. PT with first pitch scheduled for 7:05 p.m. PT. Stay after the game to see the best fireworks show in town. Kids are welcome to run the bases immediately following the spectacle presented by My Kid's Smile & KTVN 2 News.
Friday is also Faith & Family Night. Bring members from your place of worship out to Greater Nevada Field and enjoy a pregame concert as well as a Q & A with a Reno Aces player about their faith on and off the field! Contact Henry Fassinger for tickets and more information at [email protected] or 775-334-7022.
Saturday, August 17, is Firefighter & Wildland Firefighter Appreciation Night presented by The Row, Coors Banquet & KOLO 8 News Now! We'll be honoring their hard work and sacrifice while raising money throughout the night with a silent jersey auction for our custom on-field uniforms! Also, join us in donating a toy to Ashlee's Toy Closet! She'll be on the concourse throughout the game collecting toys to give children affected by natural disasters.
Fans are encouraged to arrive early to check out firefighting equipment from local departments in the Plaza before entering Greater Nevada Field. For more information on the night including food specials head to https://www.milb.com/reno/tickets/firefighters-night.
Lastly, August 18 is Family Sunday presented by 106.9 MoreFM featuring $1 hot dogs, soda, and popcorn throughout the game. Gates open at 12:05 p.m. with first pitch slated for 1:05 p.m. Kids are encouraged to run the bases after the contest presented by My Kid's Smile & KTVN 2 News.
For tickets or more information, fans can visit the team's website at www.renoaces.com or by calling (775) 334-4700. Follow the club all season long on Twitter (@Aces) or like the team on Facebook.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 14, 2019
- Bees Host El Paso in Penultimate 2019 Homestand - Salt Lake Bees
- Aviators Soar Once Again on Road, Return Home Tied for First - Las Vegas Aviators
- Division Title on the Line as Reno Hosts Sacramento this Weekend - Reno Aces
- Fresno Grizzlies Issue Statement - Fresno Grizzlies
- Memphis Redbirds Homestand Highlights (August 15-25) - Memphis Redbirds
- Houston Astros Recall Round Rock Express RHP Cy Sneed - Round Rock Express
- Bullpen falters in series-ending loss to Sounds - Sacramento River Cats
- Read's walk-off double gives Tacos 8-7 win over Redbirds - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Bring out Brooms, Win Fifth Straight Overall - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nashville Completes Comeback Win to Finish Series - Nashville Sounds
- Redbirds Stung in Bottom of the Ninth at Fresno - Memphis Redbirds
- El Paso Completes Sweep of Missions - San Antonio Missions
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled
- Reno Aces, Reno 1868 FC Share Support of Greater Nevada Credit Union
- Aces and 1868 FC Corporate Partners Offer Business and Job Opportunities
- 4.9.20 Reno Aces Release City Pride On-Field "BLC" Cap
- Greater Nevada Field to Host Food Bank of Northern Nevada