Chiefs Recall Cordel Larson Ahead of Road Trip
SPOKANE, Wash. - The Spokane Chiefs announced on Monday that they have recalled 2001-born forward Cordel Larson from the Notre Dame Hounds of the SMHL. He is expected to join the team as an Affiliated Player in time for their game at Kamloops on Wednesday.
"This is a good opportunity to bring Cordel up and give him a feel for how things go at the WHL level," said Chiefs' General Manager Scott Carter. "We've been very pleased with his development this season. He's earned the opportunity and we're excited to welcome him to our team for a few games."
Larson, 16, is a 5-foot-8 forward from Weyburn, Sask. In 38 games this season, he has picked up 40 points (12G-28A), helping the Hounds to a dominant 35-1-0-2 record and first place in the SMHL.
He was a ninth round (186th overall) pick by the Chiefs in the 2016 WHL Bantam Draft and as an Affiliated Player, is eligible to play up to five games with the Chiefs before the end of Notre Dame's season. He will wear number 16.
The Chiefs are on the road for three more games starting on Wednesday at Kamloops. Mike Boyle will have the call on 1510 KGA NW Sports Talk beginning with the pre-game show at 6:30 p.m.
Spokane's next home game is Sunday, February 11 versus the Everett Silvertips at 5:05 p.m. It will be Special Olympics Night at the Arena as the Chiefs recognize local Special Olympics athletes from our community. Tickets for Sunday night and all Chiefs home games are available in-person at the Chiefs' Ticket Office, over the phone at 509-535-PUCK and online at spokanechiefs.com.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from February 5, 2018
- Blazers Week in Review - Kamloops Blazers
- Royals and CMHA - BC Division Team up to Raise Awareness of Mental Health - Victoria Royals
- WHL Announces Weekly Award Winners - WHL
- Ty Ronning Named WHL on the Run Player of the Week - Vancouver Giants
- Blazers Announce B.C. Family Day Plans - Kamloops Blazers
- Chiefs Recall Cordel Larson Ahead of Road Trip - Spokane Chiefs
- Giants Wrap up January with a 4-1 Home Victory against Calgary - Vancouver Giants
- Raiders Sending Fan Bus to Saskatoon - Prince Albert Raiders
- Warriors Unveil 2017 Hall of Fame Special Initiatives - Moose Jaw Warriors
- Chiefs Players to be on Hand at Local Fred Meyer Locations - Spokane Chiefs
- Canes Chatter - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Pats and Western Pizza Hosting 22nd Annual Have a Heart Night - Regina Pats
- Former Rockets - Where Are They Now? - Kelowna Rockets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Spokane Chiefs Stories
- Defenseman Graham Sward Headlines Chiefs' 2018 Draft Class
- Chiefs Select Defenseman Graham Sward in First Round of 2018 WHL Bantam Draft
- Ty Smith Named WHL Scholastic Player of the Year
- Assistant GM Chris Moulton Extended as Bantam Draft Approaches
- Smith Named Team Captain as Canada Opens U18s with Win over USA