Chiefs Add Dustin Donaghy to Coaching Staff
Spokane, Wash. - The Spokane Chiefs announced on Tuesday that Dustin Donaghy has joined the hockey staff as a part-time assistant coach.
"This is a great opportunity to learn from Manny (Viveiros) and Adam (Maglio), who are both guys who have achieved great success as coaches," said Donaghy. "I'm excited to help our players develop both on and off the ice."
Donaghy, 30, played for the Chiefs from 2007-2009, including winning a WHL Championship and Memorial Cup with the 2007-08 squad. He picked up 11 goals and 15 assists for 26 points in 138 games as a Chief before being traded to Lethbridge during the 2009-10 season.
"The phrase 'once a Chief, always a Chief' rings true for me so I can't wait to get going."
Following his junior career, he played four seasons in the Central Hockey League, mostly for the Wichita Thunder. Donaghy served as an assistant coach with the Nanaimo Clippers of the BCHL during the 2016-17 and 2017-18 seasons. He currently lives in Spokane while also pursuing a career in firefighting.
The Chiefs open their home schedule with Bud Light Opening Night & Pre-Game Party on Saturday, Sept. 28 versus the Tri-City Americans! The party starts outside the main entrance to Spokane Arena at 4 p.m. with music, food and drinks. Arrive early to see the team "walk the red carpet" and sign autographs to kick off the season.
Tickets for Bud Light Opening Night and all Chiefs home games are available online at spokanechiefs.com and via the Chiefs' Ticket Office, over the phone at 509-535-PUCK or in-person at Spokane Arena.
• Discuss this story on the Western Hockey League message board...
Western Hockey League Stories from September 10, 2019
- Rebels Youth Movement Continues as Herauf Dealt to Victoria - Red Deer Rebels
- Winnipeg ICE to Host Local Minor Hockey Teams During 2019-2020 Season - Winnipeg Ice
- Wheat Kings' TD Read to Succeed Program Returns for 2019-20 - Brandon Wheat Kings
- Rebels Trade Herauf To Victoria - Red Deer Rebels
- Royals Acquire Jacob Herauf from Rebels - Victoria Royals
- September 10 - Canes Chatter - Lethbridge Hurricanes
- Chiefs Add Dustin Donaghy to Coaching Staff - Spokane Chiefs
- Royals Announce Ticket Package Pick-Up Night on September 18th - Victoria Royals
- Pats Announce Big Plans for Experience Regina Night with TSN's Jay and Dan - Regina Pats
- Winnipeg ICE Announce Grassroots Community Initiative with the Support of Subway Manitoba - Winnipeg Ice
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.