Chicago Shamrox Player Cam Woods Makes NLL All-Star Team
HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL February 21, 2007 - Chicago Shamrox defenseman Cam Woods has been announced as a member and starter for the 2007 National Lacrosse League All-Star Game, which will be played in Portland, Oregon on Saturday, March 10.
Woods, who is currently the Captain of the Chicago Shamrox, will be making his third appearance at the All-Star Game in just the eight years he has been playing in the NLL.
"I am so honored to be selected as a member of the 2007 NLL All-Star Game," said Cam Woods. "This is a great honor to be selected as team member and a starter. I am proud to represent all of my Chicago Shamrox teammates this March in Portland."
The 2004 NLL Defensive Player of the Year co-winner, Woods has a wealth of experience while playing in the NLL as well as outside of the league. In 2002, Woods was selected to the Canadian National Field Lacrosse Team which played in Australia and won a Silver medal and in 2003 he was selected to the Canadian National Men's Indoor Lacrosse Team which won a Gold medal in Toronto.
"He is one of the best defensive players in the league," said Head Coach/GM Jamie Batley. "I am not surprised whatsoever that he made the All-Star team. Cam is a quality leader not only on, but also off the field. He will represent the Shamrox well."
Woods was acquired by the Chicago Shamrox in a trade with San Jose in July of 2006.
Cam Woods and the Shamrox play this Saturday, February 24 at home when they take on the Minnesota Swarm at 7:30 P.M. CST at the Sears Centre arena in Hoffman Estates, IL. The Shamrox beat the Minnesota Swarm earlier in the season 11-10 on January 13 while playing at the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minnesota. Individual tickets start at just $15 per seat and group discounts are available for groups of 10 or more. For ticket information call 877-SHAMROX or visit www.chicagoshamrox.com.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from February 21, 2007
- Knighthawks Pat Cougeven on News 10 NBC Friday - Rochester Knighthawks
- Merrill Will to Represent LumberJax in Western Division - Portland Lumberjax
- Wings' Wailes Named NLL's Rookie Of The Week - Philadelphia Wings
- Mammoth to be featured on ESPN2 - Colorado Mammoth
- Gajic honored by NLL - Colorado Mammoth
- Rochester's John Grant named NLL All-Star Game starter - Rochester Knighthawks
- Weekend on the road features Rush, Mammoth - Portland Lumberjax
- an Dawson named NLL Offensive Player of the Week - Arizona Sting
- NLL Announces Week Eight Player Awards - NLL
- Rock face Roughnecks in home and home series - Toronto Rock
- Rush Captain to start in NLL All-Star Game - Edmonton Rush
- Dawson and Blasdell named All-Star starters - Arizona Sting
- Chicago Shamrox Player Cam Woods Makes NLL All-Star Team - Chicago Shamrox
- Carey named starter for NLL All-Star Game - Colorado Mammoth
- Three Wings Chosen As Starters for 2007 NLL All-Star Game - Philadelphia Wings
- NLL Announces All-Star Game Starting Lineups - NLL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.