Chicago Shamrox Lose to Minnesota, 13-9
HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL March 14, 2008 ? A late forth quarter charge by the Shamrox was not enough for Chicago to pick up the win as they lose to the Minnesota Swarm 13-9.
Even though the team lost, Shamrox newcomers Matt Roik and Kevin Ross made their Shamrox debut while Cody Jacobs suited up for his first time in a Shamrox away jersey during the 2008 season.
Jacobs, who picked up three points (2g, 1a) during the close lost, showed everyone that he was able to pickup where he left off during the 2007 season. During his inaugural season in the National Lacrosse League, Jacobs had 22 points (14g, 8a) over 11 games.
Shamrox rookie Kevin Ross, who was the Shamrox 1st overall pick in the 2007 entry draft, collected two points (2a) in front of a fantastic Minnesota crowd.
?The atmosphere was ridiculous in that place,? said Ross. ?My first game in the NLL was awesome.?
Even though Roik?s performance was not perfect, he was able to make 47 saves on 59 shots on goal, which was a great showing for his first game playing not only in a Shamrox uniform, but also this year in the league.
?I tried to keep my game as simple as possible,? said Roik. ?My performance in the beginning of the game slowed the team down.?
After a 5-0 deficit at the end of the first quarter, Roik was able to hold off Minnesota and give his team the ability to come back for the win, but five goals in the 4th quarter was not enough to secure the team?s first W on the road.
The Chicago Shamrox will travel up to New York to play the Rochester Knighthawks next Saturday, March 22 at the Blue Cross Arena before returning home on Saturday, March 29 to take on the Minnesota Swarm again.
• Discuss this story on the National Lacrosse League message board...
National Lacrosse League Stories from March 14, 2008
- Riggers Suffer Power Outage - Calgary Roughnecks
- Mammoth cruises to 11-6 win over Roughnecks - Colorado Mammoth
- Toronto Rock fall to New York Titans, 14-10 - Toronto Rock
- Wings Sneak By Stealth 16-13 - Philadelphia Wings
- Chicago Shamrox Lose to Minnesota, 13-9 - Chicago Shamrox
- New York Titans Rock and Roll Over Toronto Friday Night - Orlando Titans
- Time Warner SportsNet to carry NLL All-Star Game March 16th - Rochester Knighthawks
- KSTC.TV, Channel 45 to Televise 2008 NLL All-Star Game on Sunday, March 16 at 5:00 PM - Minnesota Swarm
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.