Checkers Acquire Dustin Tokarski on Loan from Hartford
The Charlotte Checkers today announced that they have acquired goaltender Dustin Tokarski on loan from the Hartford Wolf Pack. In a corresponding move, the Checkers have also loaned defenseman Josh Wesley to Hartford.
Tokarski, 29, is a veteran of 336 career AHL games over 10 seasons with Norfolk, Hamilton, Syracuse, San Diego, St. John's, Lehigh Valley and Hartford. During that time, the Tampa Bay Lighting's fifth-round draft choice (122nd overall) in 2008 compiled a 176-115-14 record, 2.55 goals-against average, .910 save percentage and 25 shutouts. He has also appeared in 34 career NHL contests with Tampa Bay, Montreal and Anaheim.
The 6-foot, 198-pound native of Watson, Saskatchewan, has also appeared in 25 career AHL playoff games, including a Calder Cup championship run with Norfolk in 2012 during which he went 12-2 with a 1.46 goals-against average, .944 save percentage and three shutouts. Tokarski also won a Memorial Cup at the junior level with the Spokane Chiefs in 2008.
This season with Hartford, Tokarski leads Wolf Pack netminders with 21 games played and 10 victories while posting a 3.10 goals-against average and .901 save percentage with one shutout.
Wesley, 22, has spent the majority of his third professional season with the ECHL's Florida Everblades, posting 14 points (4g, 10a) in 39 games. The Carolina Hurricanes' fourth-round draft choice in 2014, Wesley has appeared in 33 career AHL games with the Checkers, including six this season.
The Checkers return to action for a pair of home games against the Binghamton Devils this Friday (7 p.m.) and Saturday (6 p.m.).
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 28, 2019
- Monsters Shocked by Rocket on Home Ice, 5-4 - Cleveland Monsters
- Admirals to Host Salute to Referees Night March 5th - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Goaltender Martin Ouellette, Loan Forward Troy Bourke to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks, Amtrak Announce Details of 'Ride the Rails up to the Show' Promotion - Rochester Americans
- Alex Krushelnyski Traded to Binghamton Devils - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Binghamton Devils Acquire Forward Alex Krushelnyski - Binghamton Devils
- Kings Recall Matt Luff from Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Checkers Acquire Dustin Tokarski on Loan from Hartford - Charlotte Checkers
- Irish Night Set for Friday, March 8 against Bridgeport - Rochester Americans
- Comets Reassign Kulbakov, Release Linhart - Utica Comets
- Batherson Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Rangers Recall Libor Hajek from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers Debut Brand-New Website Design - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blake Siebenaler Reassigned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sabres Recall O'Regan - Rochester Americans
- Eagles Silence Rampage to Close Road Trip - San Antonio Rampage
- Agozzino Nets Hatrick, Francouz Stops All 29 Shots in Eagles 6-0 Win over Rampage - Colorado Eagles
- Admirals Comeback Falls Short in Texas - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.