Syracuse Crunch Recall Goaltender Martin Ouellette, Loan Forward Troy Bourke to Orlando Solar Bears
SYRACUSE, N.Y. - The Syracuse Crunch have recalled goaltender Martin Ouellette from the Orlando Solar Bears of the ECHL, general manager Julien BriseBois announced today. Additionally, the Crunch have loaned forward Troy Bourke to the Solar Bears.
Ouellette, 27, appeared in two games with the Crunch this season, recording a 1-0-0 record, 0.77 goals-against average and .955 save percentage. He won his first start in net with Syracuse stopping 19-of-20 shots in a 2-1 victory over the Binghamton Devils on Jan. 21. Ouellette has also played in 27 games with the Solar Bears this season recording an 18-7-2 record with a .908 save percentage.
Last season, Ouellette appeared in 42 games with the Florida Everblades, compiling a 33-5-3 record and .921 save percentage as the team claimed the Brabham Cup as regular season champions. His 2.02 goals-against average was second best in the league as were his four shutouts. The 6-foot-2, 194-pound netminder also earned a 2.31 goals-against average and .917 save percentage in 19 Kelly Cup Playoffs games backstopping the Everblades to the Final, falling in Game 7 to the Colorado Eagles.
The Saint-Hippolyte, Quebec native has played in 161 career ECHL games with Orlando, Florida and Reading, tallying a 100-45-12 record. He has also played in 23 career AHL games with the Crunch and the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. Prior to his professional career, Ouellette spent four seasons at the University of Maine from 2010 to 2014 with a career record of 28-33-14, 2.52 goals-against average and .913 save percentage.
Ouellette was selected by the Columbus Blue Jackets in the seventh round, 184th overall, at the 2010 NHL Draft.
Bourke, 24, has played in 13 games with the Solar Bears this season recording 19 points (6g, 13a). He has also skated in 25 games with the Crunch earning a goal and five assists. During 2017-18, he appeared in six games with the Crunch, tallying one goal. He also skated in 22 contests with the Adirondack Thunder of the ECHL, posting 32 points (10g, 22a) and ranking third with a plus-11 rating.
The 5-foot-10, 178-pound forward has 69 points (25g, 44a) in 237 career AHL games with Syracuse, the San Antonio Rampage and Lake Erie Monsters. Bourke has also played in 44 ECHL contests with Orlando, Adirondack and the Fort Wayne Komets recording 21 goals and 41 assists.
Bourke, an Onoway, Alberta native, was selected by the Colorado Avalanche in the third round, 72nd overall, in the 2012 NHL Draft.
Single game tickets and packages for the 2018-19 season are on sale now and can be purchased in person at the Crunch office located inside the War Memorial Arena at 800 S. State St. in Syracuse, by calling the office at 315-473-4444 or online through Ticketmaster. For the latest Crunch news, visit www.syracusecrunch.com or follow the club on Facebook (www.facebook.com/syracusecrunch), Twitter (@SyracuseCrunch) and Instagram (@syracusecrunch) using #SyrCrunch.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 28, 2019
- Monsters Shocked by Rocket on Home Ice, 5-4 - Cleveland Monsters
- Admirals to Host Salute to Referees Night March 5th - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Goaltender Martin Ouellette, Loan Forward Troy Bourke to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks, Amtrak Announce Details of 'Ride the Rails up to the Show' Promotion - Rochester Americans
- Alex Krushelnyski Traded to Binghamton Devils - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Binghamton Devils Acquire Forward Alex Krushelnyski - Binghamton Devils
- Kings Recall Matt Luff from Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Checkers Acquire Dustin Tokarski on Loan from Hartford - Charlotte Checkers
- Irish Night Set for Friday, March 8 against Bridgeport - Rochester Americans
- Comets Reassign Kulbakov, Release Linhart - Utica Comets
- Batherson Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Rangers Recall Libor Hajek from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers Debut Brand-New Website Design - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blake Siebenaler Reassigned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sabres Recall O'Regan - Rochester Americans
- Eagles Silence Rampage to Close Road Trip - San Antonio Rampage
- Agozzino Nets Hatrick, Francouz Stops All 29 Shots in Eagles 6-0 Win over Rampage - Colorado Eagles
- Admirals Comeback Falls Short in Texas - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.