Blake Siebenaler Reassigned to Wheeling
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that defenseman Blake Siebenaler has been reassigned by the Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL) from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton to the Penguins' ECHL affiliate, the Wheeling Nailers.
Siebenaler appeared in one game with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, a 5-4 overtime win on Feb. 17 at Hartford in which he finished the contest with a plus-2 rating. The third-year pro was acquired by the Penguins organization from the Columbus Blue Jackets in a trade on Feb. 11 in exchange for a conditional seventh round draft pick.
A native of Fort Wayne, Indiana, Siebenaler has amassed seven goals and seven assists for 14 total points in 84 career AHL games played with the Penguins and Cleveland Monsters.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's next game is tomorrow, Friday, Mar. 1, against the Providence Bruins. The Penguins' next home game is Wednesday, Mar. 6, when they take on the Lehigh Valley Phantoms in a game rife with postseason implications. Puck drop between the Penguins and Phantoms is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza.
Individual tickets for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton home games can be purchased at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza box office, through all Ticketmaster outlets, or by contacting the Penguins' offices at (570) 208-7367. Season ticket packages for the 20th season of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins hockey, including full season, 12-game and Flexbook plans, are available by reaching out to the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
Fans can also keep up with the Penguins through the AHL's brand new high definition streaming service, AHLTV. Subscriptions for AHLTV, which include live and archived games, begin at just $79.99 for the entire 2018-19 regular season. Fans can visit theahl.com/AHLTV now to register for a free AHLTV account and purchase 2018-19 subscriptions.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 28, 2019
- Monsters Shocked by Rocket on Home Ice, 5-4 - Cleveland Monsters
- Admirals to Host Salute to Referees Night March 5th - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Goaltender Martin Ouellette, Loan Forward Troy Bourke to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks, Amtrak Announce Details of 'Ride the Rails up to the Show' Promotion - Rochester Americans
- Alex Krushelnyski Traded to Binghamton Devils - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Binghamton Devils Acquire Forward Alex Krushelnyski - Binghamton Devils
- Kings Recall Matt Luff from Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Checkers Acquire Dustin Tokarski on Loan from Hartford - Charlotte Checkers
- Irish Night Set for Friday, March 8 against Bridgeport - Rochester Americans
- Comets Reassign Kulbakov, Release Linhart - Utica Comets
- Batherson Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Rangers Recall Libor Hajek from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers Debut Brand-New Website Design - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blake Siebenaler Reassigned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sabres Recall O'Regan - Rochester Americans
- Eagles Silence Rampage to Close Road Trip - San Antonio Rampage
- Agozzino Nets Hatrick, Francouz Stops All 29 Shots in Eagles 6-0 Win over Rampage - Colorado Eagles
- Admirals Comeback Falls Short in Texas - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Barber Scores, But Penguins Lose to Bruins
- Weekly: Wednesday Showdown with Providence Headlines Penguins' Upcoming Week
- Penguins Fall in Final Game of Three-In-Three, 2-1
- Johnson's OT Penalty Shot Lifts Pens over Wolf Pack
- Penguins Taste Sweet Victory in 2-1 Win over Hershey