Blake Siebenaler Reassigned to Wheeling
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that defenseman Blake Siebenaler has been reassigned by the Pittsburgh Penguins (NHL) from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton to the Penguins' ECHL affiliate, the Wheeling Nailers.
Siebenaler appeared in one game with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, a 5-4 overtime win on Feb. 17 at Hartford in which he finished the contest with a plus-2 rating. The third-year pro was acquired by the Penguins organization from the Columbus Blue Jackets in a trade on Feb. 11 in exchange for a conditional seventh round draft pick.
A native of Fort Wayne, Indiana, Siebenaler has amassed seven goals and seven assists for 14 total points in 84 career AHL games played with the Penguins and Cleveland Monsters.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's next game is tomorrow, Friday, Mar. 1, against the Providence Bruins. The Penguins' next home game is Wednesday, Mar. 6, when they take on the Lehigh Valley Phantoms in a game rife with postseason implications. Puck drop between the Penguins and Phantoms is scheduled for 7:05 p.m. at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza.
Individual tickets for Wilkes-Barre/Scranton home games can be purchased at the Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza box office, through all Ticketmaster outlets, or by contacting the Penguins' offices at (570) 208-7367. Season ticket packages for the 20th season of Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins hockey, including full season, 12-game and Flexbook plans, are available by reaching out to the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
Fans can also keep up with the Penguins through the AHL's brand new high definition streaming service, AHLTV. Subscriptions for AHLTV, which include live and archived games, begin at just $79.99 for the entire 2018-19 regular season. Fans can visit theahl.com/AHLTV now to register for a free AHLTV account and purchase 2018-19 subscriptions.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 28, 2019
- Monsters Shocked by Rocket on Home Ice, 5-4 - Cleveland Monsters
- Admirals to Host Salute to Referees Night March 5th - Milwaukee Admirals
- Moose Announce Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Syracuse Crunch Recall Goaltender Martin Ouellette, Loan Forward Troy Bourke to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Amerks, Amtrak Announce Details of 'Ride the Rails up to the Show' Promotion - Rochester Americans
- Alex Krushelnyski Traded to Binghamton Devils - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Binghamton Devils Acquire Forward Alex Krushelnyski - Binghamton Devils
- Kings Recall Matt Luff from Ontario - Ontario Reign
- Checkers Acquire Dustin Tokarski on Loan from Hartford - Charlotte Checkers
- Irish Night Set for Friday, March 8 against Bridgeport - Rochester Americans
- Comets Reassign Kulbakov, Release Linhart - Utica Comets
- Batherson Recalled by Ottawa - Belleville Senators
- Rangers Recall Libor Hajek from Hartford - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Sound Tigers Debut Brand-New Website Design - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Blake Siebenaler Reassigned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Sabres Recall O'Regan - Rochester Americans
- Eagles Silence Rampage to Close Road Trip - San Antonio Rampage
- Agozzino Nets Hatrick, Francouz Stops All 29 Shots in Eagles 6-0 Win over Rampage - Colorado Eagles
- Admirals Comeback Falls Short in Texas - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.