Capitals Recall Goaltender Ilya Samsonov from Hershey
(Hershey, PA) - The Washington Capitals announced today that the club has recalled goaltender Ilya Samsonov from the Hershey Bears. The announcement was made by Washington's senior vice president and general manager Brian MacLellan.
Samsonov, 22, made his Calder Cup Playoffs debut last night, stopping 49 shots in Hershey's 3-2 double overtime loss at Bridgeport. Samsonov appeared in 37 games with Hershey during the regular season, recording a 20-14-2 record with a 2.70 goals against average, a .898 save percentage, and three shutouts.
Samsonov was Washington's 1st round selection, 22nd overall, in the 2015 NHL Draft.
The Bears battle the Sound Tigers on the road tonight in Game 2 of the opening round of the Calder Cup Playoffs presented by CJ's Tire and Automotive. The game may be heard on the Bears Radio Network and viewed on AHLTV.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 20, 2019
- Condors Split on Road and Host Game 3 Tuesday - Bakersfield Condors
- Wolves Come Through in Game 2 - Chicago Wolves
- Series Tied After Wolves' Game 2 Win - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Vanecek Shuts out Bridgeport, Series Tied 1-1 - Hershey Bears
- Bridgeport silenced despite 39 shots on goal in Game 2 setback - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Crunch Face 2-0 Series Deficit After 5-1 Loss to Monsters - Syracuse Crunch
- P-Bruins Drop Thrilling Game One to Checkers - Providence Bruins
- Monsters Defeat Crunch 5-1, Claim 2-0 Lead in North Division Semi-Final Series - Cleveland Monsters
- Checkers Win Wild Game 1 to Take Series Lead - Charlotte Checkers
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Flames Sign Forward Martin Pospisil - Stockton Heat
- Derek Barach Inks AHL Contract with Monsters for 2019-20 Season - Cleveland Monsters
- Tampa Bay Lightning Reassign Forward Otto Somppi to Orlando Solar Bears - Syracuse Crunch
- Capitals Recall Goaltender Ilya Samsonov from Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Sound Tigers Host Hershey in Game 2 Tonight - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Game Preview: Bears at Sound Tigers, 7 p.m. - Atlantic Division Semifinals Game 2 - Hershey Bears
- Griffins Seize Game 1 and Home Ice from Wolves - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Bellows scores twice, including game-winner in double overtime - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Condors Win Game One in Colorado, 3-2 - Bakersfield Condors
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.