Canton Charge Select Eight Players in 2012 NBA D-League Draft
The 2012 NBA Development League Draft is complete, with Charge selecting eight players with various college and professional experience. The eight players selected will go towards filling the 17-man training camp roster.
With their 1st round selection (10th overall), the Charge took guard D'Aundray Brown (6'4", 195) from Cleveland State University. Brown played in 115 games (91 starts) at Cleveland State University, averaging 7.8 points on .487 shooting with 4.8 rebounds and 1.8 steals in 28.4 minutes per game. As a senior in 2011-12, the Youngstown, OH native played in 26 games (25 starts) and averaged 10.8 points on .457 shooting to go along with 4.5 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 2.5 steals in 29.7 minutes per game. Brown was also in training camp with the Cleveland Cavaliers in October.
The Charge next chose forward Ryan Rossiter (6'9", 255) out of Siena with their 2nd round selection (19th overall via the Texas Legends). Rossiter played in 133 games (110 starts) and averaged 11.0 points on .520 shooting with 8.7 rebounds, 1.0 steal and 1.3 blocks in 27.5 minutes per game. He finished his collegiate career as the career leading rebounder for the Saints with 1,151. Rossiter also spent the 2011-12 season with Denain ASC Voltaire in France where he played in 34 games and averaged 13.8 points on .534 shooting with 9.6 rebounds, 1.2 assists and 0.8 blocks in 31.9 minutes per game.
The Charge had another 2nd round choice (26th overall), where they selected guard Jorge Gutierrez out of California. Gutierrez played in 129 career games (79 starts) and averaged 9.6 points on .430 shooting with 3.8 rebounds, 3.3 assists and 1.1 steals in 26.6 minutes per game. He was named the PAC-12 Player of the Year during his senior season in 2011-12, where he averaged 13.0 points on .444 shooting with 5.3 rebounds, 4.1 assists and 1.2 steals in 32.2 minutes per game.
Below is the complete list of players drafted by the Charge:
PLAYER POS HGT WGT BIRTHDATE SCHOOL ROUND (OVERALL)
D'Aundray Brown G 6-4 195 10/21/88 Cleveland State 1st (10th)
Ryan Rossiter F 6-9 255 9/14/89 Siena 2nd (19th)
Jorge Gutierrez G 6-3 195 12/27/88 California 2nd (26th)
J.P. Primm G 6-1 195 9/17/89 NC - Asheville 3rd (81st)
Omari Johnson F 6-9 220 11/26/89 Oregon State 5th (74th)
Assane Sene C 7-0 235 6/20/89 Virginia 6th (92nd)
Jordan Eglseder C 7-1 280 7/27/88 Northern Iowa 7th (106th)
Vernon Lewis F 6-6 225 12/11/83 Paul Quinn 8th (122nd)
The rest of Canton's training camp roster, complete with affiliate players, returning players and open tryout signees, will be announced at a later date.
Season tickets are also on sale now and start as low as $5 per game! Season ticket benefits include an invitation to exclusive team events like the draft party, discounts on official team merchandise, participation in special on-court game-night activities, the ticket exchange and donation program, access to discounts and special offers at Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, and much more. To secure season tickets or for more general ticket information, fans can call 866-444-1944 or visit www.CantonCharge.com.
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 2, 2012
- Santa Cruz Warriors Select Eight in 2012 NBA D-League Draft - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Select Eight Players in 2012 Draft - Texas Legends
- Bakersfield Jam Select Seven Players in 2012 Draft - Bakersfield Jam
- 66ers Add Eight Players in 2012 NBA D-League Draft - Tulsa 66ers
- Canton Charge Select Eight Players in 2012 NBA D-League Draft - Canton Charge
- Armor Select Nine Players in 2012 NBA D-League Draft - Springfield Armor
- Mad Ants 2012 Draft Overview - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Stampede Get Seven Players in 2012 Draft - Idaho Stampede
- Bighorns Select Eight Players in NBA D-League Draft - Reno Bighorns
- Toros Select Toure Murry in the 2012 NBA D-League Draft - Austin Spurs
- BayHawks Draft Nine Players - Erie BayHawks
- Vipers Select Johnson in First Round of D-League Draft - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants Select Jajuan Johnson with First Pick of 2012 NBA Development League Draft - G League
- 2012 NBA Development League Draft Recap - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Maine Drafts Seven, Acquires Center Chris Ayers from Reno - Maine Red Claws
- Mad Ants Announce Returners and Training Camp Invitees - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Mad Ants Acquire Mike Anderson from Warriors - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Guard Cameron Jones from Fort Wayne - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Ten Players Added to Jam Training Camp Roster - Bakersfield Jam
- Canton Charge Announce Brand New Fan Section - Canton Charge
- Charge Acquire Baudinet from Mad Ants - Canton Charge
- Bakersfield Jam Acquire Jerel McNeal from Vipers - Bakersfield Jam
- Vipers Acquire Anderson from Bakersfield - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Mad Ants Conduct Trade with Canton - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Iowa Energy Acquire Two NBA Affiliate Players - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.