66ers Add Eight Players in 2012 NBA D-League Draft
TULSA, OK - The Tulsa 66ers, proud affiliate of the Oklahoma City Thunder, drafted Dominique Sutton with the sixth overall pick of the 2012 NBA Development League Draft. Additionally, Tulsa selected Travis Hyman with the 22nd pick, Tony Taylor with the 32nd pick, Ron Anderson Jr., with the 54th pick, Rodney Bartholomew with the 70th pick, Solomon Bozeman with the 86th pick, Ayron Hardy with the 102nd pick and Isaiah Wilkerson with the 118th pick.
Sutton (6-5, 212), a forward from North Carolina Central, was a 2012 first-team Mid-Eastern Athletic Conference selection. Sutton averaged 16.4 points, 7.4 rebounds, 2.2 steals and 1.7 assists in his senior season. Prior to his time at NCCU, Sutton spent three seasons at Kansas State, playing in 90 games (76 starts). In his junior season at K-State, Sutton averaged 7.2 points, 5.8 rebounds, 1.9 assists and 1.2 steals.
Hyman (7-0, 245), a center from Bowie State University in Maryland, averaged 10.1 points and 8.5 rebounds in his senior season. He was the 2012 CIAA Defensive Player of the Year along with being an All-CIAA First Team selection.
Taylor (6-1, 191), a guard from George Washington, scored 13.1 points per game while dishing out 4.3 assists and grabbing 2.5 rebounds in 2011-12. The guard was a 2011 All-Atlantic 10 Second Team selection.
Anderson Jr., (6-8, 210) is a forward out of South Florida, where he averaged 6.9 points and 5.5 rebounds in 2011-12. Anderson Jr., played his first two college seasons at Kansas State alongside Sutton. His father, Ron Anderson Sr.,played 10 seasons (1984-94) in the NBA for the Cleveland Cavaliers, Indiana Pacers, Philadelphia 76ers, New Jersey Nets and Washington Bullets and scored 7,056 career points.
Bartholomew (6-8, 230), a guard from Indiana Tech, averaged a double-double his final season with 17.5 points and 11.4 rebounds a game while shooting .596 from the field. Bartholomew was a 2011-12 All-NAIA D2 First Team member as well as earning Player of the Year honors in his conference.
Bozeman (6-1, 175), a guard out of Arkansas-Little Rock, spent last season with the D-League's Austin Toros, averaging 8.0 points and 3.0 assists.
Hardy (6-5, 215), a forward from the University of Jacksonville, played for Leicester in the United Kingdom in 2011-12. While in the UK, Hardy scored 15.4 points a game while grabbing 5.9 rebounds. Hardy was a two-time Atlantic Sun Defensive Player of the Year as well as an All-Conference First Team selection in 2011.
Wilkerson (6-3, 215), a guard from the New Jersey Institution of Technology, averaged 16.2 points, 6.6 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.8 steals in his senior season. He was the Great West Conference's Player of the Year in 2011-12 and an All-American honorable mention.
The Tulsa 66ers open training camp on Saturday, Nov. 10 with their 16-man roster. Tulsa's season tips off Nov. 23 against the Texas Legends at the SpiritBank Event Center.
For more information on the Tulsa 66ers, call the 66ers business office at (918) 585-8444.
6. Dominique Sutton (F, 6-5, 212, 10/20/86, North Carolina Central)
22. Travis Hyman (C, 7-0, 245, 07/12/87, Bowie State)
32. Tony Taylor (G, 6-1, 191, 08/09/90, George Washington)
54. Ron Anderson Jr. (F, 6-8, 210, 09/12/89, South Florida)
70. Rodney Bartholomew (F, 6-8, 230, 05/21/89, Indiana Tech)
86. Solomon Bozeman (G, 6-1, 175, 12/18/87, Arkansas-Little Rock)
102. Ayron Hardy (F, 6-5, 215, 12/24/88, Jacksonville)
118. Isaiah Wilkerson (G, 6-3, 215, 11/13/90, New Jersey Institute of Technology)
• Discuss this story on the NBA G League message board...
NBA G League Stories from November 2, 2012
- Santa Cruz Warriors Select Eight in 2012 NBA D-League Draft - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Legends Select Eight Players in 2012 Draft - Texas Legends
- Bakersfield Jam Select Seven Players in 2012 Draft - Bakersfield Jam
- 66ers Add Eight Players in 2012 NBA D-League Draft - Tulsa 66ers
- Canton Charge Select Eight Players in 2012 NBA D-League Draft - Canton Charge
- Armor Select Nine Players in 2012 NBA D-League Draft - Springfield Armor
- Mad Ants 2012 Draft Overview - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Stampede Get Seven Players in 2012 Draft - Idaho Stampede
- Bighorns Select Eight Players in NBA D-League Draft - Reno Bighorns
- Toros Select Toure Murry in the 2012 NBA D-League Draft - Austin Spurs
- BayHawks Draft Nine Players - Erie BayHawks
- Vipers Select Johnson in First Round of D-League Draft - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Fort Wayne Mad Ants Select Jajuan Johnson with First Pick of 2012 NBA Development League Draft - G League
- 2012 NBA Development League Draft Recap - Sioux Falls Skyforce
- Maine Drafts Seven, Acquires Center Chris Ayers from Reno - Maine Red Claws
- Mad Ants Announce Returners and Training Camp Invitees - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Mad Ants Acquire Mike Anderson from Warriors - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Santa Cruz Warriors Acquire Guard Cameron Jones from Fort Wayne - Santa Cruz Warriors
- Ten Players Added to Jam Training Camp Roster - Bakersfield Jam
- Canton Charge Announce Brand New Fan Section - Canton Charge
- Charge Acquire Baudinet from Mad Ants - Canton Charge
- Bakersfield Jam Acquire Jerel McNeal from Vipers - Bakersfield Jam
- Vipers Acquire Anderson from Bakersfield - Rio Grande Valley Vipers
- Mad Ants Conduct Trade with Canton - Fort Wayne Mad Ants
- Iowa Energy Acquire Two NBA Affiliate Players - Iowa Wolves
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.